I have so far made this body of my strat im making, i have two emg humbucker pickups but i am unsure of where to place the pickups, the neck pickup i am pretty sure is butted up to the neck but the bridge i do not know how far down the body it should go, thanks
Attachments:
IMAG0153.jpg
You need to figure out where the bridge is going before you worry about the pickups.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Right ok thanks and for bridge placement i need to have my neck, right? sorry im new to this.
Also, use the outer saddles and a string line from the outer nut slots to find the correct pickup location. I've been caught with this. - If you use the line of the neck edges to locate the pickups, they may end up off-centre to the line of the strings. So, as you say, get the neck properly seated and the bridge (temporarily) installed before worrying about the pickup location.

Addendum. - I would do the neck pocket before the bridge, and then use the line from the edges of the neck to locate the bridge.
Last edited by Tony Done at Jul 21, 2014,
Thanks, ive come to a stand still with the neck, was expecting to do some more work on the body before the neck came into play, anyone know where i can buy an unfinnished neck because id like to finnish the head myself