Hello,
I'm new in the guitar's world. I just started playing guitar 3 months ago with my Harley Benton ST-20 SB Standard Series. My style is heavy and trash metal and this guitar is not suitable for it, even a bit. So I'm thinking on buying a new guitar.

I'm looking for something which could sound good for less than 250€. I already searched in the net, and those look pretty good.

ESP LTD AX-50 Black Satin (222&euro
Jackson JS32T Kelly WH (245&euro
Harley Benton L-1000 VB Progressive Line (This one because the active pickups at that price 169&euro
Harley Benton WL-20BK Rock Series (Because its super cheap price. With an upgrade with EMGs it will cost about 250&euro

What do you think about them?
Other ideas?

Sorry about the bad english.

Miguel Trillo
I'd be concerned about buying something which is too cheap solely to upgrade.

You'll know more about how nice those harley benton guitars are, though, because I haven't tried them.

what amp are you using? the guitar's not really aimed at the stuff you're playing, as you rightly said, but the amp is important too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Wait until you have €500. In the meantime, concentrate on how you play, not what instrument you're playing.
Gibson SG Special 60s Tribute
Boss TU-3, NS-2, CS-3, OD-3, CE-5
Ibanez DL10
Fender Blues Junior III
Delta Blue 5 string resonator banjo
Aria Pro II Passive P-J Bass
Aria Pro II Active Music Man Bass
Laney BC-120 Bass Combo
LTD 50s are good values, IF you can try them first. I have found the QC on their Chinese stuff to be... subpar. But the LH-150s are way up among, if not the best stock pickups I've heard, so they have that going for them.

I would personally suggest saving up more and getting something a bit nicer, but our budget allows for some good workhorses, if you can try them out and make sure the QC is good.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
First, I have to thank you for the speed on answering.

I'd be concerned about buying something which is too cheap solely to upgrade.

You'll know more about how nice those harley benton guitars are, though, because I haven't tried them.

what amp are you using? the guitar's not really aimed at the stuff you're playing, as you rightly said, but the amp is important too.

Actually, my guitar is very good for its price specially to play some blues.

The Amp I'm using is the "Harley Benton HB-20R" (it came with the guitar) but I'm thinking on change it to a "Fender Mustang I V.2"

LTD 50s are good values, IF you can try them first. I have found the QC on their Chinese stuff to be... subpar. But the LH-150s are way up among, if not the best stock pickups I've heard, so they have that going for them.

I would personally suggest saving up more and getting something a bit nicer, but our budget allows for some good workhorses, if you can try them out and make sure the QC is good.

What is the "QC" that you're talking about?
Last edited by miguelroldao9 at Jul 22, 2014,
^ QC = "quality control"

yeah i've heard some decent things about those harley bentons but I've never tried them. they may well be good value instruments.

I haven't tried either amp, but a peavey vypyr generally gets a good rep as one of the best metal modelling amps. might be worth considering.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?