Page 1 of 3
What do you guys think about wristbands and necklaces?

I'm not talking 8-carrat gold rings, sterling silver chains or anything, just like ;eather things, pendants, etc.

I (I'm a bloke) have lots on my right arm. I've got

A wooden beaded bracelet I found in my friends bin
A woven fabric one, found in the same friends bin
A very thin metal ball-chain, found it as a whole chain at a party, made in to a wristband
A shitty wooden square one
4 festival wristbands
A rubber fundraiser wristband, from a Techno night raising money for a kid with leaukemia
Also a ring of plastic from the plastic bit for a 4-pack of beer, that me and my friend made at a free party

On my neck I've got a small ball-chain ( Made from the one mentioned earlier) with a Chinese coin I found on the floor on it.
Also got a regular robe/string one with a small totem thing my parents found on the beach in holiday
Also got a beaded one that did have a ganja leaf on it (But don't like weed-related attire) so filed it and drew some stuff on it

Anyone else just like putting random little reminders of shit on themselves?

Like, most of my stuff are from events and that, things I've picked up and found, just a reminder. I've got a tin full of things from shells, to little stones, bits of broken glass, stickers, etc, just little reminders to myself.

Anyone else like this sort of stuff?
I usually keep my festival wristbands on until they are worn out.
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
Quote by LivinJoke84
Ugh, why?

Why not? It's a nice reminder to yourself, and depending what crowds you swing with it can get words going
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by Owenlee55
It's a nice reminder to yourself

Do you forget where youve been as soon as you remove them?

Its just an exercise in vanity, just showing off how purportedly exciting your life is cos "look at all these festivals i done gone and went to". Like people who "check in" at bars and restaurants.

You know you went, if anyone asks you can tell em you went. Simple
Last edited by LivinJoke84 at Jul 21, 2014,
no-one wants to see your dirty festival wristband which is in suspiciously good nick for a festival 2 years ago why don't you wash you dirty hippy
Quote by LivinJoke84

Its just an exercise in vanity, just showing off how purportedly exciting your life is cos "look at all these festivals i done gone and went to". Like people who "check in" at bars and restaurants.

+1 absolutely fuck festival wristband wearers
Quote by LivinJoke84

Not that I wear festival wristbands (I'm not a gross person*), but isn't everything that has to do with your appearance an exercise in vanity then?

Either you want other people to see it, or you wear it because you like it, but that could be the case for everything, including festival wristbands.

*I probably am, but at least I'm not a festival wristband wearing hippy
Last edited by ultimate-slash at Jul 21, 2014,
It cool if you wear a wristband but i hate the people who have 20 odd all up their arm
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Quote by ultimate-slash
Not that I wear festival wristbands (I'm not a gross person*), but isn't everything that has to do with your appearance an exercise in vanity then?

Either you want other people to see it, or you wear it because you like it, but that could be the case for everything, including festival wristbands.

*I probably am, but at least I'm not a festival wristband wearing hippy

I see what youre saying but wearing festival bands is in the upper echelons of vanity on the scale.

"Look how cool i am!! My personality isnt strong enough to convey that but these festival wristbands make up for it!! I went to a festival and saw bands and had a beer!! I make Samuel L Jackson look like David Cameron. Look at these wristbands!!"

Its shaky ground at the best of times but i suppose i can see why teenagers do it. certainly anyone over the age of 20 who still wears wristbands after they get back really needs to take a long hard look in the mirror
I wear a pink rubber wristband, but I've always found necklaces too tryhard on guys.
Check out my band Disturbed
I wear a slightly over-sized watch on my wrist. It has sentimental value because it was given to me by my one true love. It also proves to be very useful when someone inquires about the time or date since I never know what day it is. Also I'm obsessed with knowing what time it is at all times.

Around my neck I wear a cross that was also given to me by the one I love. I like to believe that it will one day keep the darkness at bay if it makes an attempt to use my body as a vessel. The only supernatural thing that I will let in my soul is the spirit of Christ.

I like to fool people into thinking that I'm a classy person when in reality I'm just upper-lower class scum. (There's no middle class where I come from. Only people who can barely afford to survive, and people who have an over-abundance of disposable income).
ive never been to a musical event that gave me a wristband.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Eastwinn
ive never been to a musical event that gave me a wristband.

Me neither, actually.

I did get an "over 21" wristband at Lebowski Fest though
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
They serve no functional purpose. I suppose it's the equivalent of wearing a sword in most medieval cities (only people that hold the title of a knight or higher were allowed). At the end of the day, it's just showing off. Not that I'm jealous of people who go to festivals.
nah, it's just too much hassle. everything i wear is a version of something that is necessary. except underwear, i suppose. and when i have to dress formally.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Last edited by vIsIbleNoIsE at Jul 21, 2014,
I wear a watch
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
i have a few string bracelets given to me by people who i was once close with

i have a string necklace but i never wear it outside of my shirt
Quote by BjarnedeGraaf
I usually keep my festival wristbands on until they are worn out.

I did that with my Sonisphere 2011 wristband for just over a year. When I went to Download 2012 and compared the state of the wristbands, I realized that I would rather take them both off ASAP since a festival wristband in good shape is a much nicer memento than a nasty looking rag.

Instead I wear a ring from each festival as a reminder. Dunno what 'type' of ring they are because they sort of have another ring attached to them that spins around, that I just sit and spin when I'm sat waiting for something.
- One has a lightning symbol, as a reference to the first time seeing Metallica (obviously linking it to 'Ride the Lightning') since that was THE band I've always wanted to see.
- The other has a cross on it in reference to seeing Black Sabbath.

I think they're much nicer 'reminders' than a tattered piece of fabric that still smells of the poop I took 2 years ago. Plus it's more personal. There is likely nobody else from those festivals (or at least only a minor few people) that used the same 'logic' as I did when purchasing them.

Other than that I have a leather bracelet with silver 'things' on it (not sure how to describe them). My grandparents bought if for me a few years ago.

It has no sentimental value, they're not dead. I just like it.
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
I have seventy-five bracelets on cuz I am Johnny Depp.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
festivals are pretty lame tho. and its not like that one weekend changed your whole world that year, so it's like stop being so cringey and gross. could do worse things though, like getting a tattoo on a whim while on holiday.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by link no1

- One has a lightning symbol, as a reference to the first time seeing Metallica (obviously linking it to 'Ride the Lightning') since that was THE band I've always wanted to see.
- The other has a cross on it in reference to seeing Black Sabbath.

*dials 999*

*click*

"Hello, is this the fashion police?"

get fukn burned
Quote by Hydra150
I wear a watch

I want to wear one but I want to wear a nice classy one and I don't have spare £££ for a nice classy one.

All I can afford is tacky flash, bland generic or goofy hipster.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by lolmnt

hi johnny why do u try to look like ur an anonymous mask? those things are kinda lame tbh
Quote by MinterMan22
hi johnny why do u try to look like ur an anonymous mask? those things are kinda lame tbh

Hey, thanks for the Q. First of all, great Q. I really appreciate a good Q. I try to remain anonymous off-screen because I want my characters to develop into a real person, a life of their own. If I'm playing a silly and eccentric candy-factory-owner, I want that candy-factory-owner to seem like somebody who could actually exist in the world. Similarly, I want you to believe there actually was a silly and eccentric pirate or Native American who wears a bird on his head at some point in time. Fun fact, I thought of wearing a bird on my head in that movie. I wanted to do it. I thought it was a good idea to wear a bird on my head.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I used to wear a lot of shit on my wrist like that. Various festival wristbands, bits of plastic, friendship bands etc. Left school and got a job where I had to be bare to the elbow, so had to cut them off. Felt a bit bad about it at the time, but never looked back. I now wear a watch and that's it.

But tbh it's just fashion. It's no different to any other choice of what you wear, who cares if people on their high horses don't like it?
"Oh you're wearing a t-shirt with a logo on it. God you're such an attention seeker wanting everyone to know that you like that thing."
i have those plastic wristbands with the different color for each sex thing you did (i have all the colors)
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
What time is it?

About a quarter past 3 PM.
Monday the 21st of 7th month in the year 2112.

I once went to an appointment that was scheduled on Wednesday the 10th and changed the date to Wednesday the 11th and questioned the councillor about being there on the right date.

He had no idea what to say about that.
Quote by lolmnt

mr depp is also known to rock a fedora on occasion do you rock a fedora on occasion?
banned
Page 1 of 3