Im a guitar player from Valdosta Georgia. Just wanted to hear from fellow Georgia metalheads about your bands, your favorite local metal bands, or just an all around discussion about how crappy Georgia is at times.
" Good, Bad....I'm the guy with the gun"
Donald Glover is from Stone Mountain.

That's all I have to say.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
I have a friend from Georgia and she says she likes death metal but none of the "death metal" bands that she has ever shown me are death metal. She is very awkward because she is foreign and still has a very strong accent.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
I have a friend from Georgia and she says she likes death metal but none of the "death metal" bands that she has ever shown me are death metal. She is very awkward because she is foreign and still has a very strong accent.

askein alxandria is 2 br00tal u cant handle it babe xoxo
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Im not in Stone Mountain anymore. Is that guy metal? There arent alot of death metal bands in my area mostly deathcore. I used to be in a band called This Hideous Strength and I just cant really find a band in my area that doesny want to play breakdowns every song
Donald Glover is super metal very brootal and the like
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
I use to live in Canton, GA. I don't really remember seeing any noteworthy bands though. But, then again, Death Metal isn't really my thing.

Edit- But, holy shit, Georgia has a pretty boomin' Metal scene.
Last edited by Dimarzio45 at Jul 21, 2014,
Kennesaw/Acworth/Woodstock area.

We have a small venue called Swayzee's that I've played at a few times.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Heeeey I used to live in Woodstock, too. I just can't remember what venues I would frequent...its been 6-7 years since I lived in GA........
That downtown Woodstock is a pretty trendy place now.
I'm colored with not-surprised.

Woodstock, had everything one could want.

Edit- I wonder if BLD's(the restaurant) is still there...good food.
Last edited by Dimarzio45 at Jul 21, 2014,
Nope, but my favorite coffee shop in the area is there.
Nope. Copper coin. It's just a front for a bank called Acru, since banks aren't allowed downtown, but they serve Counter Culture coffee and it's always pretty good.

EDIT:

I'm talkin' 'bout that downtown spot wit them train tracks and whatnot. Out on main street.
Savannah, but don't really care for death metal.

Shonen Knife will be here in September. I am stoked for that..
Last edited by jugglingfreak at Jul 21, 2014,
Quote by c3powil
EDIT:

I'm talkin' 'bout that downtown spot wit them train tracks and whatnot. Out on main street.

Ahhhh yes I know where that is, vaguely.

I gotta get back there some time. Great times.
Lawrenceville/Grayson/Snellville/Loganville/Lilburn/Stone Mountain represent.

Quote by c3powil
Kennesaw/Acworth/Woodstock area.

We have a small venue called Swayzee's that I've played at a few times.

I actually used to play in a band that performed at Swayze's every once in a while.
Idk Athens is pretty damn cool, I banged an Asian chick I met at a club there. Other than that, ehh.
A bassist is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

The Pit operates under a pseudo-Murphy’s Law state of mind. You can make a comment and "whatever wrong assumption that can be made about it, will be made about it."
I hope all metaldheads in GA know Mastodon. Baroness is from Savannah and Sevendust is from Atlanta but they aren't really metal.