Can I haz moar delay?

I've been through more delays in the past couple months than I'd want to admit. Added these two to my board that will definitely be staying. I know these two pedals aren't well known on this forum but well worth the recognition.

The first is an Empress SuperDelay with the limited edition unpainted housing. I am thoroughly impressed with this thing. It is by far the most user-friendly multi-mode delay I've had. There are not any menus to have to scroll through or never ending parameters to assign/tweak/retweak. It's a straight up what you see if what you get delay where each delay mode excels in its own way. The only small nit picking I have is with the preset switching system, which really isn't bad. I'll be keeping a close eye on what Empress has up their sleeve, as Steve said there's potential for a future delay with two different preset switching options.

The second is an Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport. This is a solid delay. My initial reaction was slight disappointment which quickly faded once I started messing with the settings by ear instead of where my eyes thought they should be. The switchable modulation is a huge plus. For a digital delay, the warmth of this pedal would make anyone think it were analog. I had to do a double take on the manual to see if it were digital.

Here's a quick new song idea/demo that the Empress sparked while I was creating my presets:

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12861146
Hnpd!
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
This is my kind of new pedal day! Nice pick up man.

I've never seen the unprinted empress before. Looks waaaay better.

Also, stop by the gear for post rock thread some time. Lots of delay, eqd, and empress love in there.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Last edited by ibanezguitars44 at Jul 21, 2014,
Thanks guys! I've really been enjoying these pedals especially since they're so straight forward to dial in and allow me to concentrate on playing instead of endless tweaking, parameters, and usual nonsense that comes with most pedals.

Quote by ibanezguitars44
This is my kind of new pedal day! Nice pick up man.

I've never seen the unprinted empress before. Looks waaaay better.

Also, stop by the gear for post rock thread some time. Lots of delay, eqd, and empress love in there.

The unfinished SuperDelay is pretty badass compared to the Microsoft Paint color explosion going on with the usual finish I believe there were only 30 unfinished versions released. I'm not even sure which number I've got. Kind of curious to check the box now.

I'll take a look and see what's up in that post rock thread. Sounds like a place I should be lurking in.
nice! i love what i have heard from the empress.

i am not huge into delay for what i play, i just have a cheapish Malekko 616 does all i ever need it to.

but i have always wanted the SuperDelay if i wre to get another one. that one exact.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/