Hi guys, I recently bought a Gibson LPJ Les Paul and it's got some smudges and lines on it already and I'm not sure what to clean it with. It's a natural sunburst finish but it's satin (I think), definitely not gloss.

I have Dunlop guitar polish for use on my other axes but I'm apprehensive about using this on my Gibson in case it ruins the finish or similar.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Two Piece band's Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TerrorpinBand

I just like to imagine that my neighbors enjoy their free, nightly concerts.
Just search for the correct way to clean that wood, lines and scratches build character, i almost like it when i find a ding in my guitars but that's just me
"Music Without Emotion Is Like Food Without Flavour"
Paul Gilbert
I used a high end brand of car polish on my 'satin' (actually all of my guitars) finished Gibson and Epi's... no noticeable problems with the finish ever occured that I saw anyway. That doesnt mean that you should do the same though.
DO NOT USE THE DUNLOP 65 on nitro. i did with an SG and all of the finish was gunkey and gross. i sanded it a bit and it went away, but i didn't really care (i traded a mIM tele for it that i got for like $200).

honestly just get gibsons if they have it. then if you have a problem, you know who to blame.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
DO NOT USE THE DUNLOP 65 on nitro.

really? never heard that.
I use the Gibson pump polish since 96/97 and it works fine on all finishes
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Ok, thanks, I'll get some of that Gibson polish, Dunlop 65 is what I have now.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Two Piece band's Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TerrorpinBand

I just like to imagine that my neighbors enjoy their free, nightly concerts.
Quote by Robbgnarly

this, the Gibson pump polish is recommended by Gibson specifically for their guitars. Another great product is Virtuosp Cleaner and Polish but it's maninly for glossier nitro finishes vs the thin satin ones.
Moving on.....
Quote by Robbgnarly

Is it better than Gibson's current polish? Maybe they'll release a reissue at some point?

I have dunlop 65 but I've always been too scared to use it on nitro
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by gregs1020
really? never heard that.

i can tell you first hand. i got home with it and when i get a new guitar and dissemble and clean everything. i put that dunlop product on, it just gunked. sticky, couldn't get it off. so the guitar is a little sanded off (doesn't look bad, more worn).

but it is my bastard guitar for like stoner/doom type of shit so i could care less.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i could care less.

Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

It is a workhorse for heavier stuff. If it were one of my teles, prestige guitar i would be pissed
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
It is a workhorse for heavier stuff. If it were one of my teles, prestige guitar i would be pissed

It has nothing to do with the guitar. I'm just a grammar Nazi.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.