Hey !

I actually own a Schecter Blackjack ATX C-1 but I want to sell it to buy a 7 string guitar.

After alot of research, I potentially found these 3 :

ESP LTD H-1007
~ CHF 1'000 (1'100$)
25.5" scale
EMG 707
EMG 81-7

Agile Septor Pro 727
~ CHF 850 (940$) (shipping price is about 200$ loooooool)
27" scale
Agile high output Cepheus Passive 7 string humbucker pickups

Fame Forum IV 7
~ CHF 900 ($1'000)
24.5" scale
Seymour Duncan SH-2N Jazz
Seymour Duncan SH-4B JB

At first, I was really enjoyed by the Agile, but the fact is I live in Switzerland and the guitar have no warranty and is not refundable... Did someone already bought an Agile in EU ? Is the risk worth it ?

Things to know :

- I play mostly [insertwhatyouwant]core/djenty stuff (I mean, down tune, br00tzsound, you know)

- I want to try passive pickups (but if I have no choice and must take active, well, np)

- I don't want to spend more than 1'100$ (CHF 1'000)

If you have any other good guitar in this price's range, tell me
In my opinion from what I've read here, don't buy an Agile if you're outside the US. They're QC isn't as great as other guitar companies, again, imo. They have a great return policy thpugh if you're in the US though. I live in Canada and wouldn't risk buying an Agile, if that does anything for you.

With the passives vs. actives thing, on a 7 string, and ones that may be tuned down, I would go actives. From what I've read on UG, and little outside research, actives are supposed to have a flatter response and EQ curve, iirc. You're not going to have certain frequencies jump out at you like you might with passives. This is totally up to your preference though.

I would try out Ibanez 7 strings as well, if you can find them in Switzerland.

Best of luck!
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame

SCT-607B

1000 USD

27" scale for your downtuned djenty br00tz.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Quote by AWACS
In my opinion from what I've read here, don't buy an Agile if you're outside the US. They're QC isn't as great as other guitar companies, again, imo. They have a great return policy thpugh if you're in the US though. I live in Canada and wouldn't risk buying an Agile, if that does anything for you.

With the passives vs. actives thing, on a 7 string, and ones that may be tuned down, I would go actives. From what I've read on UG, and little outside research, actives are supposed to have a flatter response and EQ curve, iirc. You're not going to have certain frequencies jump out at you like you might with passives. This is totally up to your preference though.

I would try out Ibanez 7 strings as well, if you can find them in Switzerland.

Best of luck!

So I'll go with actives.

A friend plays with an Ibanez but I don't like the neck' shape.

Quote by lemurflames

SCT-607B

1000 USD

27" scale for your downtuned djenty br00tz.

I checked this guitar and I found it for about CHF 1'250, a bit too much for me.