Used to prowl the forums a long time ago, recently started looking on here again. Just wanted to show what I picked up today, a '97 Korean Pro Tone Squier Stratocaster. $400 with a free Roadrunner Tweed case, found at the local Guitar Center. Can't find out much about this guitar, if anyone knows a thing or two about these please let me know! Plays and sounds like a dream

//
Quote by Gnarlotte
Used to prowl the forums a long time ago, recently started looking on here again. Just wanted to show what I picked up today, a '97 Korean Pro Tone Squier Stratocaster. $400 with a free Roadrunner Tweed case, found at the local Guitar Center. Can't find out much about this guitar, if anyone knows a thing or two about these please let me know! Plays and sounds like a dream

I have the same model. Pretty sweet!

More info here ...

Great acquisition! HNGD
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
HNGD

Those were a great line of guitars, I had the Protone Fat tele for years. It was the best Tele I had ever played and was made of a 2 piece Ash body. I still kick myself in the ass for selling it.

From my understanding they made that run from 96-97 and then stoped because the guitars were better quality than any of the MIM and on par with most low-end USA models (wood and constuction only).

That was the guitar that started my love of Tele shaped guitars
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Sweet! I have played some killer Korean guitars, and those Korean Fenders are an awesome buy.

HNGD!
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?