Been looking for ways of tightening up my string skipping and came up with this exercise that has worked for me so I figured I'd share with everyone else. Enjoy! It combines everyones favorite "spider" exercises with string skipping. Two birds, one stone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------5----5-6-7-8--
-------------------------------------------5----5-6-7-8----------------------------ect
--------------5-----5-6-7-8-----------------------------5-6-7-8-----8------------
--------------------------------5-6-7-8-----8--------------------------------------
---5-6-7-8-----8-------------------------------------------------------------------

now backwards!

---8-7-6-5-----5------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------8-7-6-5-----5---------------------------------------
--------------8----8-7-6-5-----------------------------8-7-6-5-----5------------
-----------------------------------------8----8-7-6-5-----------------------------ect
--------------------------------------------------------------------8-----8-7-6-5-
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They loop quite nicely into each other so you wind your way up and down the fretboard too.
-------------5-----5-6-7-8-/-9-8-7-6-----6-----------------
---------------------------------------------------------------ect
---5-6-7-8-----8------------------------9----9-8-7-6-------
---------------------------------------------------------------

Good luck, enjoy!