I'm not liking the mildly dark tones in my amp lately. Its a Mesa express 5:50 2x12 combo. The factory black shadow speakers are still in it.

I know next to nothing about speakers, impedance n all that. But I'm curious what speakers i should look at. I'm after a warmer, more fender-esque clean tone. With more body to it, and a more stable bass side. At the moment the amps always darker sounding.

I use basic effects (od, wah, delay, phaser), and an american standard tele, and an american prs tremonti, if that makes any difference to speaker selection.

Thanks.
what's the difference between warm and dark? (serious question, not sarcasm)

what do you want to happen to the distortion tones?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Tone controls... use em. A Mesa has a really wide tonal spectrum that can go from super dark gothic to Nashville Tele twang.

A typical setup for a HB guitar on my Mesa F30 amp (similar to the Express).

Gain- 9-10 o'clock
pull bright switch
treble- 12-2 o'clock
mid- 9 o'clock
Bass 9-11 o'clock depending on master volume. Needs much less bass when playing loud.

"Muddy" is often code for too much gain and too much bass.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Ive had the amp for years, I'm very familiar with the tone controls. I guess as my ears and playing styles change, so does what I'm after out of an amp.

Hmm, how to describe sound in writing....lol. I tried my tele through a mates fender blues deluxe amp, and his amp had so much more body to the cleans, compared to the relatively flat sounding cleans in mine. I struggled to make the deluxe sound flat, i think its to do with the low-mid voicing perhaps. Does that help?
Well, try a Weber or American voiced Eminence and see if that does it for you. It might just be a tube heading south. I gigged for a long time with a HR Deluxe and really loved the clean tone but I appreciate the clean tone of my Mesa just as well. It is different but both are very good with the Mesa a little more chimey and the Fender a little smoother. I found the HRD to be overall a little darker tone than the Mesa due to cabinet design I think. Any Mesa should be able to get that bright, snappy, plucky, country music sound on the clean channel with a Tele and a good right hand.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Cool. I'll look into those. Hopefully their way of explaining sounds makes more spence than my ill informed adjective babble.

Its funny describing sound.
Jensen speakers, Eminence probably 2nd...it might just be that you need a new amp for that kind of sound. After I heard a Matchless Chieftain I haven't been able to look the same way at anything for clean tone. It was like the Matchless had 2 more dimension than anything I've previously tried