I just graduated, 4 years of hard work for my degree summed up in an hour ceremony and 10 seconds on time on a stage in fancy wear, followed by inevitable photos. It is really weird for it all to be over because I am a bit emotional about it, the feeling of finality is not comforting even though I've been wanting to graduate for at least a year now.

So give us your graduation stories and feels from when you graduated.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Welcome to the real world, filled with work, suffering, loss, disappointment and death.

I felt nothing when I graduated, at least not during the graduation ceremony. When I heard I passed my last exam I was like: "OK, this is nice". But that's probably also because I had already been offered a job about three months earlier.
I skipped my grad all together and dropped some excellent ecstasy while listening to Pink Floyd. Met up with a girl after and had some fun. People ask why I skipped and my reply is because why spend 4 hours sweating my balls off to pick up a slip of paper. Sobered up enough the next day to drop by the offices and grab my diploma
Welcome to the scrapheap that is life. Dispose of your hopes to the left and your dreams to the right.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
I had some bad issues with my dear lady at the end my degree, so unfortunately graduation was all a bit awkward and such, but now I'm doing my masters so will get another go at graduating haha.

The first time I had been to a party the night before which was a bit emotional etc and was hungover so didn't really get to enjoy it properly. It's an odd time in life generally.
Mines on saturday. Done by about 4ish, so drinking from then onwards. Should be a good night. My mates graduation on thursday too, so two sick nights out. Getting all suited and booted is great. The only proper bummer about it all is the lads i knew at uni were the best mates i've had, and i've lived with a couple of them for three years. Will be a shame that i won't see them barely ever anymore.

I'm going into teaching, so i've gotta do my PGCE. Only problem is I've got a year of waiting around because i didn't sort it in time, so thats a bit of a ball ache. Might save up my money and go travelling, dunno.
Manchester United
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I just graduated, 4 years of hard work for my degree summed up in an hour ceremony and 10 seconds on time on a stage in fancy wear, followed by inevitable photos. It is really weird for it all to be over because I am a bit emotional about it, the feeling of finality is not comforting even though I've been wanting to graduate for at least a year now.

Mine was set in October after final year and since half my class was international students who went away and most of the others had gotten jobs out of town, no one I liked was gonna be there.

I didn't feel like wasting money on the whole outfit hire and stuff (especially after being unemployed for the whole summer), and everyone was l like "if you go graduation, you gotta go to the evening party the night before" which was £30 entry on top of tuxedo rental, for likely only standing around consuming champagne and canapes while having shit convos about your career.

It was kinda more like a reunion than a graduation and I hate reunions, especially ones that cost a bunch to spend time with people I don't care about. The uni still invites me to alumni away days in Monaco, for the reduced rate of £200 a night! lol...

plus I was in a depressive state from finishing uni with no idea what to do with myself and no money left to carry on my chilling of the summer, so I just didn't go.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by raoooos
it was a thing

very much how i felt too. i felt happier when i had finished my last final. it was also very hot during the ceremony and half the area didn't have any shade.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
mine was yesterday

I'm not really into ceremonies or getting up at 5.30am, only really did it to make my mum happy, but actually it was okay and it was nice to see some of mates again
then i went and got absolutely smashed and now I'm awake and regret everything
You know how you used to start new classes each semester, and always have something different to look forward to? Forget about that. Now it's the same old job day after day after day until you retire 40 years from now.
Quote by gtc83
You know how you used to start new classes each semester, and always have something different to look forward to? Forget about that. Now it's the same old job day after day after day until you retire 40 years from now.

Not if you study something like medicine or law where you can make enough money to retire at 40.
Quote by EndTheRapture51

I had mine 3 weeks ago.

I didn't like it.

They make it out to be this great and wonderful thing, but the sad reality is that 90% will probably not do anything outstanding. Finding a good job in the world of today is considered very good nowadays.

My mother didn't even cry.

You wait a long time to graduate. When you finally do, it's like "meh". I'm just glad I don't have any debt.

And I'm glad not to see any of my mates again.

Quote by macashmack
Not if you study something like medicine or law where you can make enough money to retire at 40.

I really want to retire at 40. Like, a lot.
Graduation didn't feel like an achievement to me. It was just an expensive and drawn-out ceremony on a hot summer day. My parents tried their best to pretend they were proud. Then that evening my dad was angry because I didn't have any plans for the future.
Quote by sashki
Graduation didn't feel like an achievement to me. It was just an expensive and drawn-out ceremony on a hot summer day. My parents tried their best to pretend they were proud. Then that evening my dad was angry because I didn't have any plans for the future.

Yeah. My mom cried during the High School ceremony. Not for uni.
My mom didn't cry, but she and my dad were more optimistic during the High School graduation. Back then, I still had hope for the future. I felt like I was waiting for my life to begin. Now I feel like I fucked up along the way, and I've gone too far to turn back or start over.

Hooray for unemployment.
Quote by sashki
My mom didn't cry, but she and my dad were more optimistic during the High School graduation. Back then, I still had hope for the future. I felt like I was waiting for my life to begin. Now I feel like I fucked up along the way, and I've gone too far to turn back or start over.

Hooray for unemployment.

If it makes you feel better, the economy is in the shitter. Enjoy the decline.
The university I went to runs a lottery for extra tickets to graduation ceremonies, and I lucked out and got one, so my mum, dad and gran were there.

The only time I'd ever seen my gran that pleased was after my brother and sister's graduations. In the photos, she just barely comes up to my shoulder, because she was a proper tiny woman.

The ceremony itself... well, I remember basically miming along to gaudeamus igitur, because, well, I can't sing in English, let alone Latin. I didn't fall over after getting hit on the head with the cushion(it's symbolic of something, IMO mostly of how pointless ceremony can be).
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
The graduation feels are weird.

Today I have had a massive sense of accomplishment and pride at what I have achieved, almost beyond anything else. There were no crying families or anything but I know my parents were both pretty proud of me.

However there is so much uncertainty when compared to previous things like A level results day - because your life is currently a huge gaping pit filled with uncertainty, instead of going forward into the great uni life as before the last big shift in my life.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
The graduation feels are weird.

Today I have had a massive sense of accomplishment and pride at what I have achieved, almost beyond anything else. There were no crying families or anything but I know my parents were both pretty proud of me.

However there is so much uncertainty when compared to previous things like A level results day - because your life is currently a huge gaping pit filled with uncertainty, instead of going forward into the great uni life as before the last big shift in my life.

That's exactly what I feel/felt.

So far, your life has been on rails. Go to school, then school, then school.

So what now? Move out? Rent? Get a 9-5? Travel? Start a business? School again? Improve your credit? Get a mortgage?

You look around and say "OK, what now?"
Congrats ETR

I don't really have a good graduation story so, I'll stop before I start.