Great video. Liking the harmonies and also the Dave Murray style legato in the solo too

If I am to make some constructive feedback on your playing, it would be maybe work on your vibrato a little bit more. It's certainly by no means bad but just perhaps put a bit more effort into it.

Other than that though it's an awesome track. Good job sir! Oh, and cheers for leaving feedback on my D Phrygian solo video, appreciate the feedback. Don't know why I didn't think of doing some arpeggio runs before making the video. Oh well, something to consider when I do my next soloing vid.
Playing and composition were fine.

I think where this needs work is in the production. I think the drums need to be more forceful, they just come across as weak right now and I feel the need to be more powerful and present in the mix. Also the mix is very muddy so the guitars and bass parts all mush together in the mid-low frequencies and get really "poofy" sounding.

These things are the hardest things to get a handle on in my experience, but if you really work on the production side you'll end up with a much more professional sounding finished product that will serve the really good composition you have much better.
Quote by 6metal6legend6
Great video. Liking the harmonies and also the Dave Murray style legato in the solo too

If I am to make some constructive feedback on your playing, it would be maybe work on your vibrato a little bit more. It's certainly by no means bad but just perhaps put a bit more effort into it.

Other than that though it's an awesome track. Good job sir! Oh, and cheers for leaving feedback on my D Phrygian solo video, appreciate the feedback. Don't know why I didn't think of doing some arpeggio runs before making the video. Oh well, something to consider when I do my next soloing vid.

Thankyou! Yeah I've always had problems with my vibrato, probs due to my weird style of playing. Dave Murray is a huge influence, don't know but I think it was because I listened to his solos alot as a child so I naturally play like he does.

You're welcome I don't mean sweeps either!

Quote by drchek
Playing and composition were fine.

I think where this needs work is in the production. I think the drums need to be more forceful, they just come across as weak right now and I feel the need to be more powerful and present in the mix. Also the mix is very muddy so the guitars and bass parts all mush together in the mid-low frequencies and get really "poofy" sounding.

These things are the hardest things to get a handle on in my experience, but if you really work on the production side you'll end up with a much more professional sounding finished product that will serve the really good composition you have much better.

Thankyou, yeah I know the production needs work. I have very little to work with sadly and not much money to afford the software and hardware for the sounds I need. Seeing as I compose for such large pieces with many guitar parts It's very, very difficult to do with what I have. I don't have a very good drum VST either which is why they sound weak! Thanks again! -edit- Hmm, I've been doing some research, not much I can do for my bass guitar and electric guitar but I should be able to find some better drum samples for free online. So I might do that. Also the Bass guitar is MIDI. I score everything using guitar pro. The only real instruments are my guitars.

If I had a drumkit and a bass guitar I'd gladly play and record them! It's also annoying because I have alot of orchestral stuff I score and I can't do much about that either until I have the software for it.
Last edited by sirsteelstrings at Jul 24, 2014,
Nice. Very original composition wise and, needless to say, very talented playing!
As have been said, it would benefit from heavier drums. Personally, I would double track the rhythm guitars and have them panned 75% (or even 100%) left and right instead of just to the right.
The layered guitar melody is cool, but to my personal taste a bit too much (too many sections). For me the best part of the track kicks in with the single solo at 3:36. From then on it is killer!
Most of what I've said is of course a matter of personal preferences. This was a great listen!
Quote by 1111belphegor
Nice. Very original composition wise and, needless to say, very talented playing!
As have been said, it would benefit from heavier drums. Personally, I would double track the rhythm guitars and have them panned 75% (or even 100%) left and right instead of just to the right.
The layered guitar melody is cool, but to my personal taste a bit too much (too many sections). For me the best part of the track kicks in with the single solo at 3:36. From then on it is killer!
Most of what I've said is of course a matter of personal preferences. This was a great listen!

Thankyou very much! That's a good idea about the layering, I might have to give that a go. I'll find some better samples for the drums.