Maple + Wenge Neck
Rosewood fingerboard
Flame Maple Binding
Tree of Life Inlay
Edge Zero 7 Tremelo
Bare Knuckle Ceramic Nailbomb Bridge
Seymour Duncan Sentient Neck
Jumbo frets with J-custom ball ends

I had J-custom GAS for years so its great to finally have one. This is an amazing guitar and definitely a step up from the prestige line IMO. Right now its my favourite 7 along with my Schecter Masterworks. I have it setup in B standard with 9-60 strings.

The fretwork is amazing and this is where the J-custom range really shines. The ball ends are my favourite feature. The action is 1mm at the 12th fret high E and 1.5 on the low B. There is barely any buzz and the notes really ring out. It could even go a fraction lower but its very comfortable to play as it is.

The neck is rounder on the shoulders and slightly thicker than the usual 7 string wizard neck. Its very smooth and very fast thanks to the velvet finish technique they use.

As usual with Japenese Ibbys the tuning stability is flawless. The Edge Zero 7 is very easy to setup and intonate. String changes are quick and the adjustment wheel at the back makes balancing the trem a breeze. Blocking it however looks like it would be difficult.

Only cons are its quite heavy, very expensive in some parts of the world compared to Japan and it needed some setup tweaks to get it playing right.

More Pics:

The flame top doesn't really pop with the Onyx finish but I love how the Black/White zebra pickups look in it.

I love the vine inlay and I got a dark piece of rosewood which brings it out more.(Excuse the dirt! She gets a lot of playtime and not enough string changes)

Close up of the ball ends, it takes a lot of work to do but they feel great.

Its hard to capture the neck profile but you might be able to see its got a flat back like the usual wizard D shape but with shoulders like a C profile. Very comfortable for

And lastly the intonation adjustment tool that comes with the Edge Zero 7 tremolo heavily reduces swearing at your guitar when setting it up. :lol:
Last edited by drawnacrol at Jul 22, 2014,
HNGD!

I played a J Custom 7 the other day, real nice guitar. Too bad it made my hand tense up.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
awesome never played a 7 but the 6 string j-customs i've tried were great
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
J-Customs are absolutely excellent instruments. HNGD! Great video.

And I'm sorry bit the carpet in the last few pictures is pretty awful, lol.
Guitars:
ESP Eclipse II w/ SD Black Winters
Ibanez S540 w/ DiMarzios
Ibanez RG370DX w/ EMG 81/60
Ibanez RG7321 w/ DiMarzios
Pedals:
Fulltone FB-3
Crybaby Wah
Ibanez TS-9
Amps:
Peavey 6505+
Sick guitar and some very good playing too, hope I can get there someday!
Congrats! HNGD
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112