Hey UG, brand new user here!

My great grandfather has recently moved into assisted living and I was left two of his guitars; a no name hollow body with 3 pickups, and this-the Gibson Recording King. It is a pleasure to look at and even more of a pleasure to play. I had it cleaned up a bit at my local music store, and put some brand new strings on it. It plays beautifully and sounds super creamy when plugged in. (Posted in this category because I was told it's an acoustic electric, which I suppose it is ) After Googling for some info about this guitar, I came up with practically nothing other than it's from the late 30's. There is a photo at my parents house of my great grandfather playing this guitar while serving in World War II. I hope I or they come across it soon.

Anyways, does anyone know any info about this guitar, or line of guitars? I know little to nothing about any vintage instruments, so I'm just curious.

Thanks, all!

EDIT: I created an imgur album because couldn't figure it out lol http://imgur.com/a/vGY5L#0
Last edited by davidjobrien at Jul 22, 2014,
Quote by davidjobrien
....[ ]...Also, how to heck do I post pictures on here? lol.

It's easier, and you can post larger images, if you do it from a photo account, such as "Photobucket"

1: Copy the image location.

2: Paste it into your post.

3: Select the entire URL

4:Click on the "postcard" icon above the text box

5: That should do it. You can hit, "preview post" to verify whether or not you were successful.

6: If it doesn't, you may have to make certain the entire address is connected.

7: The best way to do this, is usually by bumping the top half of the address over toward the right of the screen. If the two sides of the address separate again, hitting "backspace" should resolve the problem.

(By, "bumping" I mean putting the cursor in front of the top half of the address, and using the space bar to move it).
Last edited by Captaincranky at Jul 22, 2014,