so i have a PRS tremonti SE guitar and somehow the bridge got stained or it looks stained. it might be from me putting the palm of my hand on it from time to time. is there any way to polish this? here is a screen shot. thanks guys.

Last edited by muzix at Jul 22, 2014,
Well; assuming that the bridge is not coated with some form of clear lacquer, any decent metal polish should work. Flitz and Simichrome are good choices. If there is a lacquer coating, then you cannot polish the metal unless you boil off the lacquer.

The picture makes me wonder if your palm has actually rubbed off some of the chrome plating. If it has, then you would have to have the bridge re-plated.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
Well; assuming that the bridge is not coated with some form of clear lacquer, any decent metal polish should work. Flitz and Simichrome are good choices. If there is a lacquer coating, then you cannot polish the metal unless you boil off the lacquer.

The picture makes me wonder if your palm has actually rubbed off some of the chrome plating. If it has, then you would have to have the bridge re-plated.

thanks. i'll try the polish. i e-mailed the manufacturer as well to ask them.
EXCELLENT NEWS! i polished the bridge with Flitz and looks shiny now. the tarnish came right off. wooo hooo!! thanks to FatalGear41 for the help.

oops, forgot to include the image.

Last edited by muzix at Jul 23, 2014,