I recently purchased a 2nd hand Electra, full hollow body guitar. I got it from a music shop in the city.

It doesn't have any serial numbers or codes on it as far as I can te.

I probably should've posted this before buying it!

Are they general a good tool? From what I can gather there a Japanese knock off of Gibson Les Paul stuff. Is there a way I can find out it's approximate worth ?
Electra was one of the better companies making LP knockoffs in Japan during and after the "lawsuit era". Peter Frampton was one endorser back in the day...I think he still uses his. They folded a couple decades ago.

However, the company was recently resurrected by a couple of Americans in Florida- both industry vets. They bought the IP to reproduce the old designs, and are doing new designs, too.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Fun Fact: James Hetfield's original white V was thought to be a Japanese Electra copy. He says he honestly doesn't remember what brand it was, though. Someone ripped him off and said it was a Gibson when he bought it way back in the day.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
As for approximating its value, the cheap way is to look for it on sites like eBay, to see what they're being sold for. There is also a book for guitars similar to the Kelly Blue Book for cars- Electra was big enough its probably in there.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Thanks everyone.

It looks like I got a 1972 Electra 2228. She's in great shape considering she's 42 this year.. I'm not sure if she's had any restoration done.

I got it for $600 with a hard case. It didn't come with a tremolo bar, which doesn't bother me since I'd rarely use it. When I saw that I had a pre-law suit struggle head stock, I knew I was in business.
Last edited by flaaash at Jul 23, 2014,
P-P-P-PICTURES, man!

(When you get it, of course.)