I've always got a project. Got a good start on this one today. Godin Freeway Classic, pretty cool guitar. Silverleaf maple body, with poplar wings, which means that it's got all the tone of Canadian maple syrup locked inside!

Got the neck pickup off a guy on craigslist. He ordered a custom version of a Super Distortion to be a bit less fuzzy and more clean. It was wound for the bridge, but screw the establishment, I put it there. Middle is an Area 67 Dimarzio, and the neck is a Seymour Duncan Invader.

I'm the lead guitarist in both bands I'm in. One of which features two other guitars on some songs, and the Sparkelcaster (what a fun project that was!) wasn't cutting through the way I needed. This is really my first high-output project, and so far it's kickin' butt! Super fun get some satch-style sounds with lots of gain, some reverb, and a slight delay. The thing shreds incredibly. Rock maple neck with Birdseye fingerboard is pretty cool, too.

I'll get some sound samples up eventually. The next thing on the list is to get some locking tuners. I'm a pretty heavy tremolo user. It stays in tune well enough, but I do tend to be a bit picky. I've mused about the idea of getting a Super-Vee, too. We'll see.

I'm happy with the contrast the white pickups give it. I was thinking about staying all-black, but glad I didn't!

Before photo:

After photos:

As you can imagine, the sound is very saturated and THICK! It's gotta be the syrup
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster

As you can imagine, the sound is very saturated and THICK! It's gotta be the syrup

or maybe the 3 ceramic magnets of the Invader
Congrats it looks eye catching and classy at the same time.
What do you think about the area 67? I like them but it's the only low output single coil sized pickup I've ever tried so I can't compare

that guitar is like falling in love with a stripper
Silmeria
Valkyrie
modded Squier Strats
OHH, that's a NOICE one! Eagerly awaiting the clips!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by billyTheShears
or maybe the 3 ceramic magnets of the Invader
Congrats it looks eye catching and classy at the same time.
What do you think about the area 67? I like them but it's the only low output single coil sized pickup I've ever tried so I can't compare

I put it there to clean up the humbuckers in positions 2 and 4. By itself it's very chimey, which makes it a great middle pickup to mix with 'buckers so you can keep that bell-like sound. The sound by itself reminds me of the recording of 'Lenny.'
very nice I always liked the freeway, and that's one of the nicer colours it came in
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Great call on the white pickup covers, the contrast they provide is a visual improvement indeed.

HNPuD!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
I was on Kisakae for a while choosing what I wanted even before I got the guitar, haha.
Quote by JustRooster
Silverleaf maple body, with poplar wings, which means that it's got all the tone of Canadian maple syrup locked inside!

Does it have a pancake body? I was considering one, but waffling. I'm going for something with a buttery tone. I like the blueberry body with the whipped cream colored pickups.

On my last HSH, I went with cream coils on the outside coils only (and, of course on the middle pickup). From the audience, it looks like a strat. Most of my HSH guitars now have a "bridge pickup add-in" switch that allows me to run the bridge and neck pickups together (ala a Les Paul), and a pair of miniswitches that coil tap the humbuckers.
Quote by JustRooster
I was on Kisakae for a while choosing what I wanted even before I got the guitar, haha.

I'm the same.

I'm already reading the owner's manual and choosing rims and parts that I want to replace on an used car that I don't even have yet.
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Rooster always has cool guitars. If you're going to get a canadian guitar, you should really spring for the moose finish.
Quote by samuraigoomba
Rooster always has cool guitars. If you're going to get a canadian guitar, you should really spring for the moose finish.

And the hockey-stick headstock, DUH!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

I love Godins! Congrats and awesome!
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

wow. sexy guitar.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Happy unique guitar day!
Now go play Pour Some Syrup On Me
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
Quote by The Judist
Happy unique guitar day!
Now go play Pour Some Syrup On Me

I was wondering what to record for sound samples... hmm...
Quote by JustRooster
I was wondering what to record for sound samples... hmm...

Satch-like version of the canadian national anthem.

But ham it up like Vai would with a huge fan that almost blows your shirt off.

(and by fan i mean air blowing device not a regular from the local bar)
Where the hell is the smilie for flicking the bic in salute or yelling "Freebird!"? Nice demo!

nice playing and tone there
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Nice demo indeed!
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt