So I'm in the middle of a partscaster build with an SG body from Guitar Fetish. They are out of the control cavity cover plates and they don't know when they will get more. Does anyone know offhand if they are the same size and shape as a standard SG cover plate?
I'm not going to be done for awhile, so realistically I could wait.

http://www.guitarfetish.com/SG-Body-Black-Control-Cavity-Plate_p_8859.html#
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
They use the words "our bodies" which suggests to me it is different dimensions than standard. If you are building I assume you have some tools, so I would (have in fact, several times) make one from a piece of black plastic. I use clear acrylic, paint it black, then stick ******* foil shielding to it with double-sided adhesive tape, which is electrically connected to the control cavity shielding.
Last edited by Tony Done at Jul 23, 2014,
Yeah, they actually suggested that, too. Maybe I will have to go that route as I do have all the tools.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Quote by ryanbwags
Yeah, they actually suggested that, too. Maybe I will have to go that route as I do have all the tools.

I should have mentioned, I paint the clear acrylic sheet on the back, with acrylic spray can, because it adheres better than poly. When it has had a day or so to dry, I stick on the aluminium foil. I've used this method for pickguards and fretboards for lap steels.