Took amp to a fender certified tech and said it was a "dud". I can either get another Hot Rod Deluxe iii or throw them like $50 for the FRS Hot Rod Deluxe iii in the creamy wine two-tone. Only real differences are of coarse is the looks of the amp and also it has a 12" Eminence Cannabis Rex speaker in it instead of the Celestion G12P-80.

Any thoughts on which would be the better choice for a blues/jazzy player that enjoys saturated leads from time to time ?
cannabis rex is technically a far better speaker than the g12p80 (which I think is a rebranded celestion 70/80). However, that doesn't mean you'll necessarily like it better (I haven't tried it, but it has the rep of being fairly dark i think... which might work nicely for jazz and even blues but )

Do you like the colour of the dearer one better? (I'm deadly serious) It might be worth the extra for that alone, plus the dearer speaker would be worth more on the used market if you didn't like it (I think).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Do it, totally worth it for resale alone.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Guys on another board I frequent love the Cannabis Rex speaker. Probably worth the $50 for that alone. The color sounds nifty, too!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I have to agree with Danny and Dave, both are pretty well versed in gear.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
the color way is beautiful. i think ill do it. they're saying it should be no problem just gotta wait for them to talk to the boss man. thanks for the feedback y'all.