Turns out the FSR i wanted is no longer in stock. they said i could upgrade to this for 20 bucks. looks kool is all i got so far. any feedback?
I think the clean channel is the same on both amps and neither OD channel is very good. Same same I'd say. Put a nice OD pedal in front of either and you get great guitar tone for not much $$. I think the Super Reverb is better than both but also bigger and heavier.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Jul 23, 2014,
Can't speak for either, but I do own the Blues Jr NOS tweed, which I believe is just a 15w version of the Blues Deluxe. The clean tone is great, absolutely love it. The drive isn't as bad as people make it out to be (Obviously a Fender tube amp isn't going to get you british overdrive sounds or anything heavy without pedals.) When I switch on the mid-boost and increase the volume, it delivers some nice SRV like, overdriven blues tones.
I never did a side-by-side comparison between the two, but they always sounded pretty identical to me.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
most people seem to prefer the BD, but it's ages since I've tried both (and I'm not sure I've tried them head to head).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
blues deluxe over hot rod for sure. hot rod is a great working mans workhorse, but its a fairly generic amp im my book.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)