I bought my first guitar (Squier Affinity Tele) without knowing anything about guitars. I was really happy with it until now. After doing research and studying I started fine tuning it for the first time and noticed there was a problem. The screw in the bridge piece of B-string is too short so it isn't quite in tune. Is there anything I can do to it?
I'm scratching my head a little over this. When setting intonation, the 1st and 4th strings (assuming it is a plain 3rd) are usually the shortest, so those are the ones that I would expect to run out of saddle screw first. You mention tuning rather than intonation. You aren't trying to fine tune the guitar using the saddle screws are you, as on a Kahler or Floyd Rose trem?
Quote by Tony Done
I'm scratching my head a little over this. When setting intonation, the 1st and 4th strings (assuming it is a plain 3rd) are usually the shortest, so those are the ones that I would expect to run out of saddle screw first. You mention tuning rather than intonation. You aren't trying to fine tune the guitar using the saddle screws are you, as on a Kahler or Floyd Rose trem?

This is my thought as well. Are you adjusting intonation? Or string action, maybe? Because you don't use those for tuning. Your intonation should be fine the way it was to begin with, if you got it from a decent store. Although it's probably messed up now, if you've been trying to "fine tune" with those screws.