So I was searching in Cl and found someone with a strat in my town. It is a 2007 Standard with maple fretboard and a shiny pick guard. It comes with a gig bag, capo, tuner, strap, stand, and ten picks. The price is at $250. My main concern is the year. Do the newer made starts have upgrades?
That's a vey realistic price, especially for the extras. I'd say go for it!
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
$250 I think is about average. If they're throwing all that stuff in, it was probably someone who started playing guitar, but gave up, I'll bet you could get it for $220 or even $200. The seller doesn't want it anymore.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
$250 isn’t a bad deal. But this guy is selling it with a beginner’s guitar kit. That means he’s just unloading a guitar he got and never played. If he’s just unloading it to free up closet space you might get him down to $200.
His words were that it was the first guitar he ever purchased but doesn't play it enough to
$250 is a very fair price for a 500 new guitar. You can pay it or try to be a f*cking jerk and cut him down more possibly pissing him off and loosing the sale. Too many children on this site.
Moving on.....
Last edited by KenG at Jul 24, 2014,
Quote by KenG
$250 is a very fair price for a 500 new guitar. You can pay it or try to be a f*cking jerk and cut him down more possibly pissing him off and loosing the sale. Too many children on this site.

agree as long as it's in good shape a good deal. they go for $300 around here all day.
Yea, sometimes trying to get a discount on an already discounted item is a dick move.

I had a phone on eBay a couple of months ago and it was already cheap, the guy asked me for £10 off, I agreed, whatever. Then when he was on his way he asked for a further £5. I asked him why he thought he could try and get more money off when I already knocked money off and when it's a done deal, and why £5 was worth looking like someone who doesn't keep his word.

He backed off and stuck with the deal.
Quote by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.

Quote by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.

^^^ Imagine how he'd have felt if you'd told him to go screw himself and the deal was off? All for 5 quid.

The secret to a sale with no hard feelings is simply know the value of what you're selling or buying. When I list a guitar I list as close to the real selling price but leave just a little room for negotiation (5% or so). I never had to dicker much and in every case the buyer has left happy & satisfied and I got what I should have for the guitar. The idea isn't to try and screw someone (on either side)
There will always be low ballers but unless you're desperate you don't even need to respond to these types.
There will always be sellers who think their used gear is the same price as when it was new. Anyone asking ridiculous prices either doesn't know the real value of the item, or paid way too much in the 1st place or doesn't want to sell. Who wants to mess around with these people either?
Moving on.....
Last edited by KenG at Jul 25, 2014,