http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-28460625

Algeria's national airline, Air Algerie, says it has lost contact with one of its planes flying from Burkina Faso to Algiers across the Sahara.

Flight AH 5017, chartered from Spanish airline Swiftair, was carrying 110 passengers and six crew, it said.

French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius said the plane, which has 50 French citizens aboard, "probably crashed".

Contact was lost about 50 minutes after take-off from Ouagadougou, Air Algerie said, as the plane crossed Mali.

The pilot had contacted Niger's control tower in Niamey to change course because of a storm, officials say.

An Air Algerie spokesman quoted by Reuters said the provisional passenger list included 50 French citizens, 24 people from Burkina Faso, eight Lebanese, four Algerians, two from Luxembourg, one Belgian, one Swiss, one Nigerian, one Cameroonian, one Ukrainian and one Romanian.

Although some speculate that bad weather could've been a significant factor, rather than an act of terrorism. The true cause of the crash is still unknown for now.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jul 24, 2014,
what the **** :/

isn't that the third one this WEEK
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Was reading about it this morning. Another tragedy, really. And if it's crashed, aren't they crossing the Sahara? Who's going out in a stormy sahara to go get it
It's the beginning of the Rapture.

Not as many folks are going as thought they would...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
"The plane was not far from the Algerian frontier when the crew was asked to make a detour because of poor visibility and to prevent the risk of collision with another aircraft on the Algiers-Bamako route."

"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
Ban planes. Background checks for planes. Yes, for the actual planes.
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Quote by Carnivean

That's just plane silly.
BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

I SAY, I SAY, BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

They say when they finally attack, all the impostors will peel themselves. In order to tell if you have been assimilated, check for a zipper somewhere near your pelvis.

Quote by TheTee56
That's just plane silly.

You planely don't understand the gravity or the error-dynamics at work...
Charles Darwin
@Carnivean: They already do 'background checks' for planes obviously.

This is terrible. My speculation is that this is due to visibility issues, not terrorism. If so this is hopefully preventable.

Either way dying in a plane crash is so sad.
Quote by Carnivean

Shut your complaneing.
well this thread sure spun out of control.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I vaguely remember this movie. They're going to build a new plane out of parts of the old plane to fly to safety.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
I vaguely remember this movie. They're going to build a new plane out of parts of the old plane to fly to safety.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
well this thread sure spun out of control.

Sometimes threads like this can give you a lift, or they can be a drag. It depends on the thrust of the responses. I guess we'll have to weight and see.
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
Sometimes threads like this can give you a lift, or they can be a drag. It depends on the thrust of the responses. I guess we'll have to weight and see.

I'm giving myself clearance for takeoff from this thread.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I'm giving myself clearance for takeoff from this thread.

Don't crash and burn man
Quote by Cardbored
Don't crash and burn man

I'll be safe provided I stay at home and play this.

Or not.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jul 24, 2014,
I told a couple of jokes about Malaysian Airlines today.

The first got no response at all, and the second really crashed and burned.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
It can't be aliens. Mulder prevented the colonization.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
This is sickening to me. Is it really so hard for the countries to just leave each-other alone? There can't be something wrong with peace, they're only picking a fight, it's really upsetting. I hope someone comes in and shows both sides who's boss.
Quote by SuperMissMan
This is sickening to me. Is it really so hard for the countries to just leave each-other alone? There can't be something wrong with peace, they're only picking a fight, it's really upsetting. I hope someone comes in and shows both sides who's boss.

Aircraft and storms need to talk it out and settle their differences like ****ing adults.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
twist: the plane lands later with no passengers, pilots, or luggage.
i don't know why i feel so dry
John Galt is starting a utopian colony for planes to pursue capitalism in peace.