https://soundcloud.com/infinitebeing/awesome-guitar-chillout-thingy-1

I wrote and recorded this over 3 years ago in Cubase using POD Farm. It's one of those things I did really quickly telling myself I would re-record/brush up on it later, but then actually ending up liking it so much that I decided to leave it as it is.

As for the silly title, similarly I just named it quickly, half as a joke or working title but it actually ending up kind of ‘sticking’ so that's what I call it . However I have since developed it into a longer piece called 'The Ocean Beckons' in which I wrote a contrasting section which gives it form, but I still actually like this short and sweet, self-contained version as a thing unto itself. It brings up a lot of feelings and images and stuff and reminds me of that time in my life. I hope that comes across on some level.

I have 3+ years worth of music that I am trying to work on and upload so expect more from me…

p.s. does anybody know how to embed the soundcloud player on this forum?
The use of the distorted guitar during the intro is awesome. I'd maybe have some percussion start fading in once the distorted guitar gets active, there's a lot going on for the lack of rhythm section. Maybe just include quarter notes on a kick drum or hi hat or something.

I think this has the potential to be developed into an awesome song; the lead guitar parts are great.

Also, you can't embed the soundcloud player on UG, unfortunately.

C4C? Links are in my sig.
Quote by herby190
The use of the distorted guitar during the intro is awesome. I'd maybe have some percussion start fading in once the distorted guitar gets active, there's a lot going on for the lack of rhythm section. Maybe just include quarter notes on a kick drum or hi hat or something.

I think this has the potential to be developed into an awesome song; the lead guitar parts are great.

Also, you can't embed the soundcloud player on UG, unfortunately.

C4C? Links are in my sig.

Thanks. I uploaded this because I liked it as an 'a capella' guitar version. The longer version that I started working on features full instrumentation with drums, bass, synth strings and ocean sound effects (and also piano in the outro section) but I only have a draft/demo of it as of now, it's one of the many things I need to work on.

I commented on your link that had no replies yet so I presume it's the newest one, also liked the other two tracks though as well.
that was great! looking forward to hearing the longer version, the end left me wanting more haha. excellent use of delay and whammy, you get some really cool sounds with the harmonics. the only thing that stuck out to me as not working was the low e's you hit at the beginning (like at 0:14), sounds more like a sound check and I'm not sure if they're on time. such an atmospheric track, though. I was really digging it, nice job.
Quote by CF_Mono
That was really cool. Lots of nice foreign sounds thrown together but it doesn't sound amateurish or like a first mix. Would make a good introduction or palate cleanser for an album. A little ambitious with the tags though? lol

Here's a solo thrash project of mine.

http://vinceisbulletface.bandcamp.com/

Thanks man. I checked out your music, has a really cool early/classic thrash sound.

As for the 'ambitious' tags, often when I write a piece of music I will just brainstorm a load of words based on feelings, themes, images, settings etc that it evokes. It's almost like this synesthesia type thing. Yeah, I'm weird like that . That's kind of what a lot of the music I write is meant to do I guess, paint a picture in your mind, at least for me. Some people are more receptive to that than others. I just use words to help richen that experience and because I have this strange obsession with words lol, like they 'taste' a certain way or something. Again, I'm werid
Quote by aaron aardvark
James,
Some of the guitar licks and tones are cool. Sometimes the timing seems a bit odd. I recommend getting some drum software (like toontrack EZDrummer or Superior Drummer). Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1650867

The timings don't seem odd to me maybe I am just odd lol? I take it is a compliment anyhow.
Quote by xspooks
that was great! looking forward to hearing the longer version, the end left me wanting more haha. excellent use of delay and whammy, you get some really cool sounds with the harmonics. the only thing that stuck out to me as not working was the low e's you hit at the beginning (like at 0:14), sounds more like a sound check and I'm not sure if they're on time. such an atmospheric track, though. I was really digging it, nice job.

I know what you mean about the low E's but I actually like it (mabye cos I am so used to hearing it), and it was intentional. It gives this sort of 'raw', live feel and leads in well to the whammy bar dive harmonics. Thanks for the compliments on the music though, think you're my favourite commenter so far
I actually like it. It sounds like it would be an atmospheric interlude on an album or something. Sounds like if David Gilmour had Buckethead's hands. I liked that i couldn't predict where the licks were going, but they still resolved themselves nicely. I can't tell you how many of these kinds of short, sweet tracks of total randomness i have too

c4c for me, will ya? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=32849651#post32849651
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬