Hi all,

As the title says, I'm a frustrated newbie. I've been pursuing a music career for the last 2 years (I know, not long), but because I'm Japanese, I find it's extremely hard finding other Japanese musicians in general, let alone those who want to form a band seriously.

Until recently I was in a trio whom I thought were really going somewhere and were serious about their work, but it all fell apart (jobs, moving, etc.) and I'm alone again sitting by myself on a little rock in the middle of the ocean, making a living but doing nothing I enjoy. I've all but given up on this idea of being in a band, so I figured I'd at least join a forum to enjoy "like company" as compensation.

Anyway confession time, I actually play the bass only. I have guitars, but I was the bass player in what used to be a band.

Well, that's it. I hope to learn a lot here, I am not good at the guitar at all, but I do love to play and I love music as well.

See everyone around,

-Sakata93
Welcome Sakata! Don't be too discouraged: it's been my experience that life somehow manages to eventually "make room" for one's gifts. Just keep playing, enjoy it, and at some point opportunity will present itself. Best of luck, and look forward to seeing you around the forums.
I am a StarGeezer: some call me..."Tim."*

* - Heartfelt apologies to Monty Python for blatant plagiarism. Those responsible have been sacked.

Epiphone G-400 "Goth"
Peavey Vypyr 75 Amp
Welcome to the forums, I feel the pain, living in a town with a dead music scene sucks because musicians can be scarce. Just keep playing music, in my experience music has a funny way of bringing musicians together at the right time
Thanks guys,

I know it's "just the internet", but I'm happy that someone said "Hi" and "Welcome." I've frequented music cafes and bars a LOT where I live and everything I swear is just one or two blokes with a guitar, usually high or drunk (or both), singing about how their girlfriend left them. Open mic nights and such have really worn me out, so I've been alone pretty much for the last two years.

Anyway, enough ranting from me. Glad to see others are around
Quote by Sakata93
Thanks guys,

I know it's "just the internet", but I'm happy that someone said "Hi" and "Welcome." I've frequented music cafes and bars a LOT where I live and everything I swear is just one or two blokes with a guitar, usually high or drunk (or both), singing about how their girlfriend left them. Open mic nights and such have really worn me out, so I've been alone pretty much for the last two years.

Anyway, enough ranting from me. Glad to see others are around

I know your pain! The one venue near me has a few decent bands playing from time to time but unfortunately is mostly frequented by the scum filled youth of the tracksuit and cheap cider scene. :c

Took me a while to find a band, hopefully it goes somewhere.
Very pleased to meet you!