After I had to ditch my latest song's most part as only the clean part is usable (the riffs are just mis-matched riffs, some of them were impossible to play for me as I couldn't count-in for 13/8, so it depended on luck rather than on talent), I don't really feel like I want to play the guitar.

But this is just the tip of the ice.

Due I moved to my father, I can't play at the time I used to because my younger brother, I have to do that much sooner when I'm less creative. This results in much less practice (about one hour per day, which isn't enought for me anymore, I need two at least), and less new riffs I come up with. Also I picked up art as a hobby, mostly because it doesn't make any noise (I also got a midi keyboard as guitars - even without an amp - are too loud for my family, as it doesn't have a screen larger than 40").
Yeah that whole post subtly confuses me. And if you do something for hours everyday, you're going to get bored of it. Just take a break.
I find the correct time to give up is usually when something seems difficult or when it will obviously take a long period of time to overcome certain shortcomings. That's why I ditched the guitar and started making electronic music starting a few years ago. Goodbye barre chords!
OP is wank. a good time to stop is when the improvements will take longer than how much you value the end result.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
move to hollywood
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Before you start, saves time and energy...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
How about you give up now though ? I mean a 13/8 riff ? Get out of here, you'll never amount to anything with your boring-ass music anyway.
Last edited by Campbell22 at Jul 25, 2014,
I gave up reading at 13/8
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
Guitar is lame. So is art. Make wubz instead
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Quote by JustRooster
OP, what the hell is your avatar?

anime
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Give up as soon as you're challenged even in the slightest. Never continue with anything that tests you physically, mentally, emotionally or intellectually.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Do you enjoy playing guitar? If yes, do it. If not, stop for awhile, then reevaluate.

That'll be $12,000.
Quote by ecvMatt
I gave up reading at 13/8

At least he wasn't trying to play in 5/4.
If your songs consist of mismatched riffs why in the world do you have them is such a bizarre time signature? And what sort of people can't stand an electric guitar played acoustically? Through a closed door I can't imagine it would even be audible. Are you required to maintain absolute silence at all times?
First of all always write your riffs, in Guitar pro, Quebase Fruity Loops it doesnt matter.

You may always need them as spare parts for songs.

Dont stop writing, dont stop playing. Droughts and art blocks are a headache we all face. I recently had one and all of a sudden I started writing and playing again, switched to bass it only grew.

Dont stop, use your ingenuity but dont stop.
Purple string dampener scrunchy.
Quit and download protools and make wubs.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by Malchius
Headphones?

Still a problem for my family. It's different for them from televisions.

English isn't my first language, but I rarely find a way to practice it. I have a very heavy accent because I can't find anybody to speak English with.

Sometimes I use Guitar pro, but I don't really like it. I probably learned too much music theory, and now it feels very cheap. So cheap I even thought on making a new software with more functionalities, especially when it comes to other instruments. I started to write riffs on the fly instead, I really want to improvise with others but with my cheap gear I can't get very far in bands, also most musician ads nowadays are genres I don't like. Also I should move away from this place, or I have to resort either to bands with extremely racist lyrics or cover band of Hungarian bands (which are usually so clichéful they get called as cover bands because they copy a successful band's style without any alterations, but to people who never listened the original band, it's not a problem).

https://soundcloud.com/shapeshiftinglizard/watching-the-world-burn-pre0

Here's how you screw up a riff with 13/8 time. Listen to the second part of the song, not the first part with the mellotron.
TS I'm assuming English isn't your first language because as incomprehensible as your post is, you are [as far as I'm concerned] consistent in your incoherence

EDIT: OK got it. Should've read through the thread.

Srs response now:

There's nothing tying you to the guitar. If you've lost your motivation put it down for a while and come back to it later, that's all.

Nowhere is it written that you have to play guitar every day.
Last edited by E7#9 at Jul 25, 2014,
just play Bass.

so much easier and laid back (unless you're trying to be the next les claypool or vic wooten)
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank