Hey everyone, Im back with a new track from my solo project. Its a melodic prog metal track that was inspired by the concept of obsession, which is getting progressively worse until (as the title suggest) a bitter end. I think this one has my shreddiest guitar solo to date.

Have a listen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zfPxx1SQp8

If you dig the music feel free to listen (or re-listen) to my solo project, which has 9 tracks as of now:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgrDAPIq_KbvO_kfrm7XSLIhEZHKKduOZ
^I like your rants because I think the progressive tag is a misnomer and widely misused.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by progbass
And people wonder why I rant about people calling things progressive

Nope, I understand it 100%.
That is the very reason why I prefer conservative metal. ;-)
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
That is the very reason why I prefer conservative metal. ;-)

I see what you did there... Nice.
I don't see the progressive in this at all. When I think Progressive I think really longs that build up overtime to a climax that makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up. Not to say this is bad but its sort of a more classic metal deal. Good though.
Quote by grrrgrrrr
I don't see the progressive in this at all. When I think Progressive I think really longs that build up overtime to a climax that makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up. Not to say this is bad but its sort of a more classic metal deal. Good though.

That's basically been my understanding of "progressive", as a music style. A song doesn't have to be crazy long to be prog, but it's got to have multiple distinct sections, significant rhythm/tempo changes, and a strong melodic... um... progression. That's why a lot of prog songs end up pretty long, though it's not a requirement.