Hello UG community, I was wondering If I could swap my Edge Zero II Trem' with an Original Floyd Rose Trem'. Reason being that the Edge Zero II doesn't have much sustain. Although it DOES Stay in tune and works well, I prefer the Floyd. Any suggestions would be appreciated
it looks to be a pretty different shape, but i suppose you could measure it and compare it to the routing templates on the floyd rose website, just to be sure.

a better sustain block might help if sustain is your only problem. lots of people make "better" sustain blocks, whether they make one for the edge zero II though I don't know.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
$160??!?!?!

the brass one should be just fine, especially if you already have the crappy pot metal one the edge zero II probably has.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yep, brass is great (titanium is just better!).

I don't actually see anything for the Edge II - but you can email them and see if anything they have will fit, or if they plan on making something specifically for the Edge II.
I'd want to see double blind tests before i believed any of the marketing. they're even offering stone blocks, and the guy behind those went on rig-talk and was basically laughed out of court with some of the pseudoscientific (in my opinion!) drivel he was spouting.

also most classic records which have floyds on them will have bog standard brass blocks. It's probably worth upgrading the block if your trem has a crap block on it. I'm not sure it's worth upgrading if your trem already has a good block (though admittedly I've never tried the titanium ones).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I went with titanium because Phil Collen did - I was not disappointed. $160.00 for a big block of titanium is pretty cheap. My guitar sounds 10 times better than it did before the upgrade. I thought it would sound better than the smaller brass block that was on there, but it was surprising how much better it sounded after the upgrade.
Short answer: no. The distances between knife edges are different by at least one full centimeter. Not to mention that, if you have the thumbwheel-equipped version, you're gonna have to do a cavity overhaul.

You're gonna need a skilled luthier to do it.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky (JB+59) > TC Polytune Noir > TS808 clone > DOD 250 > Modded RAT > CH-1 > GE-7 > TC Flashback > Plexi Clone
Quote by Harmosis
I went with titanium because Phil Collen did - I was not disappointed. $160.00 for a big block of titanium is pretty cheap. My guitar sounds 10 times better than it did before the upgrade. I thought it would sound better than the smaller brass block that was on there, but it was surprising how much better it sounded after the upgrade.

phil collen's awesome but I'm still not going to do stuff because he does. he doesn't wear a shirt all that often, for a start

10 times better? really?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
phil collen's awesome but I'm still not going to do stuff because he does. he doesn't wear a shirt all that often, for a start

Well, his shirt has no bearing on his guitar sound. Actually, I was going to upgrade with the big block no matter what - that had nothing to do with Phil Collen. The floating tremolo made my guitar sound thin and weak (I was basically at the same point the OP is now). I was trying to decide between copper, brass, or titanium. I was actually going to get brass, but Phil Collen's guitar tech had some great things to say about the titanium block they put in Phil's guitar - that's what veered me towards titanium.

10 times better? really?

Yep. I'm amused at how skeptical you are.
sorry i've been doing guitar stuff for long enough now that i'm sceptical of pretty much everything by this point. especially anything that costs loads of money.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I think you and I have very different thoughts about what constitutes "loads of money." This was the best $160.00 I've ever spent to improve a guitar's tone. Now, if the titanium block was $500...
it's a fair bit when an entire floyd rose itself costs about $180
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yes, but Floyds don't come standard with titanium parts either. On a guitar that already cost me $1600, it was nothing.
Fair enough, it's your money and your call.

For me it's too much when all of the classic Floyd Rose tracks used a bog standard brass block.

TS's guitar presumably cost a lot less than $1600 if it has an Edge Zero II.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?