This is a song off of my upcoming debut album that I decided to leak a little early. Everything here (as on the rest of the album) was done by me, from writing to performing to producing to mastering and so on. Check it out and let me know what your thoughts are!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLUGImj21O0

https://soundcloud.com/blacktarheroines/boardwalkin
You're very talented to do all that, I'm jealous to say the least.

Just coming from a listener standpoint, here's my honest feedback. I felt the guitars were little "muggy?" and sort of "far away" for lack of better wording. Similar with the vocals and drums though, I felt as if it was a little "slurred" together. However, that might be exactly what you're going for in the style of the song.

So with that having been said though, I think it's well done.

Novice listener standpoint.

EDIT: I listened to some of your other stuff, curious to know why the Japanese writing of your band's name on your artwork?
Last edited by Sakata93 at Jul 25, 2014,
Quote by Sakata93
You're very talented to do all that, I'm jealous to say the least.

Just coming from a listener standpoint, here's my honest feedback. I felt the guitars were little "muggy?" and sort of "far away" for lack of better wording. Similar with the vocals and drums though, I felt as if it was a little "slurred" together. However, that might be exactly what you're going for in the style of the song.

So with that having been said though, I think it's well done.

Novice listener standpoint.

EDIT: I listened to some of your other stuff, curious to know why the Japanese writing of your band's name on your artwork?

Thank you very much! I will say the sound I was aiming for here was a rather raw, somewhat unrefined, slightly psychedelic surf-tinged garage rock sound, hence the way it's all put together. I'm glad you dig it!

日本語を話せるんだ(笑)
Plus, I think that when western listeners see Japanese writing on, well, pretty much anything, it seems to draw a little more attention. Judging by your name, I'm guessing you're Japanese?
^^Sound like that was the goal then, which I assumed was.

I am Okinawan Japanese American Canadian (lol, how's that for a combination). I have spent most of my life either in Japan or the states.

I know what you mean by the Japanese writing, same goes for Japan and English as you probably know. "Is the wonderful song of sounding to melody and explosion!" etc etc.

You part Japanese by chance?