Hey guys, I looking to get a multi effects unit and my budget is 300$, i was looking at the zoom g5 and the digitech rp500, any suggestions?
I have the G3 and its served me quite well for a couple years now, excellent bang for your buck. Its loaded with features that are quick, easy and useful, awesome practice tool. I would take the G5 over the digitech every time.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
i used to gig with a BOSS ME-25 years ago. only multi effects unit I've owned. $200 for a lot of cool features, and a decent wah/volume pedal.
Quote by mcamp12302
Pod Hd300

Or a used POD HD 500
Guitars:
Davison SG
Line 6 Variax 600
Line 6 JTV 69s
Squier Classic Bibe Telecaster Thinline
Go for the G5. You won't regret it, and I don't believe there's anything out there that competes in terms of value for money.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Are you looking for just MFX, or an actual DSP unit with amp/cab modeling?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Are you looking for just MFX, or an actual DSP unit with amp/cab modeling?

both would be nice but for the most part i would be using my amps gain channel because it sounds really good lol, but if i find one that i like more i will use it, i will mainly just use effects like wah, flanger, delay, ect. So both.
Quote by GaryBillington
Go for the G5. You won't regret it, and I don't believe there's anything out there that competes in terms of value for money.

Agree 100%. I bought one yesterday and I am absolutely blown away by this thing. An apartment dweller's dream. Plug it into the wall socket, add headphones, and that's it. I bought it based on this YouTube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drQR5wCVI-E

Naturally I was a little nervous at first that the sound may not be that good without adding some other effects gear. Let me tell you, with a pair of $75 headphones that is exactly the sound you will get with the pedal chain he uses. No amp, no speakers, just the G5 and your guitar.

Note that it comes with 297 pre-installed presets/patches. They are all listed on a sheet they give you, and each has a one-sentence description. You can also come up with your own, of course; but to save them directly onto the unit, you have to override pre-installed presets. I would look over that sheet, decide which presets you probably won't use, and then override those ones when you need to save off your own patches.

If you don't want to override the factory presets you can save your original patches with the computer software they gave you. I haven't done this yet but most reviews I've read say the software is user friendly.
Last edited by PB26 at Aug 2, 2014,