I've never had a 4x12 before and I don't know much about the cab or its speakers. It says it's a Sonic, but I was also told that the speakers were upgraded (note: changed out) at some point. All I know if that it sounds a little different depending on which side it's switched to. Yes, I am playing this through the Line 6 Spider II amp in my sig.
Gear:
Ibanez RG2EX1 Gravity Storm(neck)/X2N(bridge) Drop Db
Ibanez S421 Air Norton(neck)/Super Distortion(bridge) Drop D
7th Heaven->ML-2->Dr. Boogie->Zoom G3->GE-7->NS-2->Mute
Line 6 Spider II HD150+foot pedal
Some 4x12 cab

Last edited by FoX KiLLa at Jul 26, 2014,
If those holes to either side of the switch are where you plug in, then that switch is for selecting the channel.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
So, should I assume that it only plays through 2 speakers at a time then? Or am I missing something?
Gear:
Some 4x12 cab

It could be mono/stereo or an impedance switch. Take some resistance readings across both jacks with the switch in both positions and tell us what you see.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
It could be mono/stereo or an impedance switch. Take some resistance readings across both jacks with the switch in both positions and tell us what you see.

Most likely this. Really weird switch style to have on a cab though.

What kind of cab is it?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
looks like a similar jack to the one on 1960s

though as mentioned, you would have to check for impedances to be sure.
Quote by Cathbard

yeah
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Cathbard

+1

you can find out what i does by taking impedance readings off a lead/cable plugged into the cab. put one probe on the tip and one on the sleeve and post the results from both jacks on both positions.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Sorry, I can't find any markings relating to a model number or anything. Like I said, all I know is that it has the SONIC emblem on the front of it and I was told that the speakers upgraded at some point but I don't know if it was modded or anything at any point.

I will look into the possibility (or rather, likelihood) of it being an impedance switch.

Thank you guys for your help so far.
Gear:
Some 4x12 cab