Hello. i am trying to ecord my guitra in cubase5. when i try to export my mixdown as mp3 file. the file is blank, it has no sound. what am i doing wrong? please help!
How are you recording the thing?
Do you hear the sound when you press play while in the main window?
Could you post a picture of the main window with the thing recorded?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
yes, i hear the sound of the vst plugin, i allso select the left and right locators, than i go to export mixdown. i think the problem is that wave istn visible. Here is the image.

Last edited by kitarmen at Jul 26, 2014,
Quote by kitarmen
yes, i hear the sound of the vst plugin
Meaning that you have an amp simulator and when you play you can hear yourself playing, and you can also play back your recording if you press play in that window?

If that's the case, who cares about the wave's amplitude.

Try to set up a virtual instrument track, doesn't matter what instrument it is, write some notes the would play at the same time the guitar part is playing, make sure you hear those notes, and then export the audio.

If you still don't hear anything you gotta go and read the manual part where it's explained how to bounce audio, 'cause I reckon you might doing something wrong there.

Oh wait I have an idea: when you export your audio do you choose something like "Bounce project" or something like "export audio track to mp3"?
'cause if it's the latter you're probably exporting the raw audio you recorded and bypassing all of the fx processors you applied to it in cubase.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I got a free copy of Cubase 5 with my Alesis Io2, that won't let me export MP3 because of licensing etc etc, so I have to export in wav then convert afterwards. Could it be something like that? My copy is dubbed Cubase 5 LE or something to that effect
Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.
Make sure when you export you check the stereo output channels
(Invalid img)
//