Page 1 of 2
I'm not watching it but the guy should realize pretty much every band uses some type of "enhancement" to the vocals or instruments to make them sound better and professional.
Also, there's a clip in there of Rob Halford. I've seen JP live, and there's no way in hell that his screams in live shows are 'clean' amplification.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
I'm actually a bit ashamed of saying this but I watched the whole thing and he's right about at least one thing: Red Fang rules
auto tune sucks fuck those jason derulo cunts deth 2 all but metal

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
auto tune sucks fuck those jason derulo cunts deth 2 all butt metal

ftfy
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
watched the whole thing only to see a bunch of dudes puking. fantastic
i don't know why i feel so dry
Ugh why did I watch that?
Quote by soundgarden1986
from what ive read from will, this guy seems to be the physical embodiment of musicians talk

Not at all.
Quote by Eastwinn
watched the whole thing only to see a bunch of dudes puking. fantastic

Is it weird that I feel slightly guilty over not warning you even though I hadn't even watched the video?
I watch this guy for the same reason I sometimes watch the amazing atheist or pmrants. Just another daily dose of cringe so I can enjoy the more mediocre things in life.
Quote by metaldud536
Gabe Newell's metalhead cousin?

Ha. I was wondering why he looked familiar.

EDIT: Until I heard him say "bullshit" and thought of Penn Jillette.
Quote by severed-metal
Ha. I was wondering why he looked familiar.

EDIT: Until I heard him say "bullshit" and thought of Penn Jillette.

Yeah he reminded me instantly of Penn Jilette

Also yeah this guy was on the front page yesterday and the news article said that he had a previous video about how bassists were useless so let's hope this is at least a bit tongue in cheek.
Quote by SkepsisMetal
I watch this guy for the same reason I sometimes watch the amazing atheist or pmrants. Just another daily dose of cringe so I can enjoy the more mediocre things in life.

u dont tuch butts do u? u seem liek u never tuched a butt
Quote by sickman411
Is it weird that I feel slightly guilty over not warning you even though I hadn't even watched the video?

i'm okay no worries.

a little cowardly of this guy to make fun of asking alexandria. like 2 people in the whole world like that band.
Quote by soundgarden1986
from what ive read from will, this guy seems to be the physical embodiment of musicians talk

Maybe, instead of listening to Will (who is just mad that MT shuts him down every time he tries to troll there), you should come to MT yourself?

OT:
He's loud and angry (for comedic effect, btw), but he does have a point.

Edit: If you think it's cringey, you're taking it too seriously. It's 50% a joke, people!
Last edited by crazysam23_Atax at Jul 26, 2014,
Quote by sickman411

Not at all.

oh well nvm then

maybe it was just the whole "is sampling a legit thing" stuff i was thinking of idk
Quote by metaldud536
Gabe Newell's metalhead cousin?

Damn it beat me to it.
Quote by willT08
i'm not even gonna try and make MT a tolerable place any more

i literally just arrived
Quote by soundgarden1986
oh well nvm then

maybe it was just the whole "is sampling a legit thing" stuff i was thinking of idk

The sampling thing turned mainly into a "should some samples also be credited to the writers of the original song" debate; I don't remember people being against sampling.
I couldn't help but think of Kyle Gass from the Pick of Destiny when I saw this guy's hair.

OT: Asking Alexandria aren't bad because they're overproduced, they're bad because they're bad.
Wow, I really couldn't have said it better than that guy.

Quote by Alix_D
Never heard of Seinfeld, what kind of music do they play? Assuming they use Kramers, it must be heavy!

SAVE GIBSON

Dude looks like Peter Griffin
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
It's not the technology, it's how you use it. People complain about autotune being a 'crutch' but it can create a certain effect that sounds cool when you use it well. James Blake and Daft Punk do it really well, and it's not like T-Pain is a bad singer (look him up without autotune).

If you need to use it to 'fix up' your natural singing voice then maybe you shouldn't be singing for money
I guess orchestras and individual performers should stop performing in concert halls, as the correctly designed acoustics give unnatural amplification and reverberation to the instruments.

Bunch of cheaters, really.
My God, it's full of stars!
Apply aloe to burned area

Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
Hey i know that guy,hes a pretty well know producer here. Havent seen the video but i saw some of the comments when he posted it on facebook. Its funny caus hes produced a few bad bands and been guilty of the same shit he criticizes.
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
I get that he is kinda half joking but I have to disagree with a lot of what he says.

People don't sample drums because it's easier than getting a good sound out of your own recording, they sample drums because it sounds better.

Sure, using things like quantising and time stretching may remove some of the humanity from the recording, but if it sounds infinitely better then who cares?

Tools like this don't replace skilled musicians. They allow skilled musicians to sound as good as possible.

Take auto tune as an example. Personally, I cannot sing in tune at all, so if I sang something and then tried to auto tune it to be "correct" it would sound very fake and very obviously auto tuned. The closer I manage to sing to what I am tuning it to, the less fake and processed it will sound.

Similarly with drum quantising, if the drummer is off time by more than a set interval then the processing will not sound natural at all.

The way I see it is if the finished product sounds good then who cares how it was done? I'm not going to stop listening to Meshuggah because they used a drum machine on one album, and I'm not going to stop listening to Periphery because they use Superior Drummer samples.
I think its a case of 'everyone likes these bands but not mine so i have to explain whats wrong with them to everybody'
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Page 1 of 2