So, after salivating over a Mustang pic in a UG thread, I realized I've never even tried a Mustang and I should probably check one out. Not only did I find one to try, I fell in love after just a couple riffs. It took some savvy wheel dealing and I've been going through guitars faster than underwear lately, but I had to have it and I think my perfect guitar search is finally over.

The pups on it sound great, very crisp and perfectly spanky. You can definitely tell its a Fender. I'm amazed at how much gain I can add yet still hear the individual notes to a chord. It has a switch for each pup to turn it on/off and out of phase, which seems to be useful for taming treble when playing higher notes but I haven't quite learned all the applications for it yet. They sound awesome for the dirty clean, edge of breakup tone I like to play with. Best stock pups I've ever owned.

Its incredibly comfortable to play, the first time I picked it up I felt like I had been playing it for years. The neck is tiny (c-shape, I think), but big enough for me to fret properly. Its small but it feels very well built, solid as a rock.

Its all shiny and mint now but hopefully It'll start naturally relic'ing before I die.

crazy bridge
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Last edited by lucky1978 at Jul 26, 2014,
Nice

I thought this was going to be about the soul food
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
nice looking mustang. i also like the pickups on those mustangs. the ones i have played were pretty light, almost as light as an sg. i am guessing yours is pretty light too?

HNGD

Quote by Dave_Mc
I thought this was going to be about the soul food

i heard food was a bit different over there, but horse is soul food?
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
^ its not as light as it looks, the LP special behind it is actually lighter. Its not heavy by any means though.

Thanks guys. I've finally learned how to post pics, if I can figure out how to post clips I'll definitely do a npd for the Soul Food, with and without buffer.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Last edited by lucky1978 at Jul 26, 2014,
Sweet. I've always liked stangs. Those look like after market pups though, huh?
Quote by gumbilicious

i heard food was a bit different over there, but horse is soul food?

i meant the pic of the horsey dude on the front of a klon
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Smigzy
Sweet. I've always liked stangs. Those look like after market pups though, huh?

When I first starting playing it I assumed they were aftermarket, not just cause they look like black Lace pups but cause they sounded so snappy and articulate, very nice sound. But then I noticed all the '65 reissues have these pups and there's no brand name on 'em so they're stock. They have a distinctly Fender tone but its a unique fender tone. Gives me the urge to play Nirvana tunes. A pupgrade will not be needed.
i was expecting a cobra, or at least a GT... you dun good.

seriously nice guitar!
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/