A few days ago , I was extremely lucky to have done a trade with my modified , Squier SA-50 for this 1999 Korean made, Fender DG-20S Acoustic. Yeah I know, sweet deal without a doubt. This guitar has some serious tone to it and I love it but, I can't find any info on it as to what years they were from and what the retail on them were. I know that it is a Spruce top w/ mahoghany back & sides w/ a Nato neck. That's all I know. I even emailed Fender in quiring about it and never heard anything back, so if anyone can help me on this, I'd really appreciate it, thanks.
Jeff, unfortunately almost the entire 1st page of search results on this model, were from you spamming every forum on the web asking this question.

There were some general results regarding Fender's entire line of acoustics of the period, just nothing specific to your particular model. Oh, there's this, it has a solid top.
Quote by Captaincranky
Jeff, unfortunately almost the entire 1st page of search results on this model, were from you spamming every forum on the web asking this question.

There were some general results regarding Fender's entire line of acoustics of the period, just nothing specific to your particular model. Oh, there's this, it has a solid top.

Yeah, that I'm aware of but it just ceases to amaze me that there is really no information available on this instrument anywhere. I have on intention on getting rid of it but my curiousity is aroused and I would just like to know the history of it, that's all.
Quote by jeffo46
Yeah, that I'm aware of but it just ceases to amaze me that there is really no information available on this instrument anywhere. I have on intention on getting rid of it but my curiousity is aroused and I would just like to know the history of it, that's all.
Well, I suppose we all have a good healthy curiosity regarding our instruments.

The situation with your guitar this is, while the guitar is ostensibly pretty rare, it isn't what you'd consider, "collectable". Hence the general lack of interest and/or information.

I found a forum discussing Fenders of that epoch in general, with your model number being mentioned, but nothing specific. The general tone is, (perhaps a bit biased by the fact these are all Fender owners), "these things sound way better than anyone gives them credit for".

Have you checked on this site? http://www.jedistar.com/