So guys, today I finally took the big leap. After being a bassist for 7 years I hit a wall. I no longer found it to fun to play bass, even though I still love the instrument to death. Knowing that I couldn't play drums at all (blame the fact that I was born with reduced motor skills), I decided to pick up a guitar following my discovery of the magical thing that is shoegaze.

Having borrow a friend's Squier Vista Venus (Who I named Sasha) and Peavey Classic 30 (which was stolen the other day) for about a year, I decided that it was time to actually get my first electric guitar (and pay back my friend for the Peavey).

At first I was set on getting a strat, mainly because I love how they feel and look. I drove into the city to meet up with a guy who was selling a bunch of his gear, set on buying his old Highway One strat.

But then I saw it.

In the back of the room stood a guitar that was missing three of its switches, had a unoriginal pick guard, and had a small part of the headstock missing.

It was perfect in every single way.

I literally threw my money at the seller and brought the guitar with me home.

So, without further to do, I present to all:

Katsumi

Katsumi is a '92 Fender Japan Jaguar in Candy Apple Red, and she plays like a dream. The neck is super smooth and easy to move around, and even though she is heavier than Sasha (weighing in at 4.0 kilos as opposed to Sasha's feather weight 2.9), she feels so nice hung over my shoulder.

Sound wise, the bridge pickup is slightly weak sounding, something that is apparently this is typical of Fender Japan's pickups. This doesn't bother me too much, as a usually stick to the neck pickup.

Here you can see the the broken pickup switches, but to be honest it doesn't bother me at all. I managed to turn on the switches and turn off the "choke-switch" by using a pick, and now I just switch between the rythm section and my preset "lead" tone.

So, all in all, it is kind of quirky, but I love quirky instruments. Was this a nice enough gift to myself for scrubbing toilets all summer? Not at all, but this might be my best purchase when it comes to instruments. Ever. Period. End.

So, all in all, I would say that this has been a very successful first-guitar purchase

Just to annoy you slightly more, have a blurry "family photo" of Katsumi and Sasha.

Now I just need to get a amp... hmm.. Maybe a vox?
Gear:

Fender American Hand Stained stratocaster
Fender 72' Telecaster Deluxe FSR

Squier Vista Venus

Boss TU-3
Boss OD-3
Pro co Rat 2
EHX Big Muff Nano
EHX Small clone
Boss DD7
Hardwire Supernatural

Vox AC30cc1
Blackheart Little Giant stack
Last edited by Fishybones at Jul 27, 2014,
I bet people who haven't read the user name thought this thread was another one by myself!

HNGD! She looks absolutely gorgeous.

AC15/30 would be right up your street I think!
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24
I bet people who haven't read the user name thought this thread was another one by myself!

HNGD! She looks absolutely gorgeous.

AC15/30 would be right up your street I think!

I'll admit to that crime...

HNGD! That's a sweet Jag.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
Thanks guys She's a beaut alright!

Fisheth, you better get used to there being more than one fish around here
Gear:

Squier Vista Venus

Boss TU-3
Boss OD-3
Pro co Rat 2
EHX Big Muff Nano
EHX Small clone
Boss DD7
Hardwire Supernatural

Vox AC30cc1
Nice

Quote by Fisheth24

yeah
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Foxy! HNGD! If I were you, I'd get those switches fixed, they're a lotta fun and it probably wouldn't be too expensive.

I have a red mustang, I may switch to a "tortoise shell" pickguard, that looks good.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Last edited by lucky1978 at Jul 27, 2014,
Congrats Bud! Great Choice!

I just love the jaguar's. They just feel so nice to play, and the neck is to die for. Get those switches fixed, and she's good to go!
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
A friend of mine has about the same one, but in original condition. Great guitars! HNGD man!

Gotta love CAR also. =D
Thanks guys I'm planning on getting the switched fixed eventually, but I'm most likely replacing the bridge pickup for a SD Jaguar antiquity I at the same time, so I have to wait until I get some more money.

EDIT: After having played it for a while, I know what's on the top of my to-buy list: A new strap
Gear:

Squier Vista Venus

Boss TU-3
Boss OD-3
Pro co Rat 2
EHX Big Muff Nano
EHX Small clone
Boss DD7
Hardwire Supernatural

Vox AC30cc1
man that is a damn fine looking axe, and that's coming from a particularly hard to please OCD aesthetic-concerned idiot (me). Love that pickguard against the red body. antiquity/s will do it plenty of good. HNGD