Poll: Which Jackson Soloist under 900 USD? SL2 Pro, SLX, or used XL?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which Jackson Soloist under 900 USD? SL2 Pro, SLX, or used XL?
SL2 Pro
1 100%
SLX
0 0%
Professional XL
0 0%
Voters: 1.
I am planning on getting a new guitar, and I am focusing on a Jackson Soloist. Within my budget of around 900 dollars, I see three options:

SL2 Pro, $900
SLX, $550
Professional XL (used, made during 1990-95), around $7-800, from what I have seen online.

Basically I want to know the bang for buck factor with respect to the quality of these guitars. Is it worth getting the SL2 Pro? It comes with SDs and I will not have to replace them later on as I will most probably have to do with the SLX. Also, if anyone has played/owned it, what are your thoughts about the new SLX?

I have heard great things about the Professional XL, (the Professional Pro is just too good, I'd get that but I'm apprehensive about active Pickups) so I wanted to know what people here think about the XL guitars.

Secondly, I will probably be able to afford the SLX within 2 or 3 months, but I will have to save up a little more if I go for either of the higher ones. Is it worth waiting?

Optional, read if you want: I have been playing an Ibanez edr170 for nearly 8 years and had a strat for 6. The Ibanez has a 400 mm radius bolt on wizard 2 which is quite good, but strains my left hand after long hours of playing (I alternate between thumb on top and thumb behind neck). It also has a blade whammy bar (not floating) and tuning stability is nonexistent when using it. I liked the flat top of the strat and I also was a little more comfortable, though not nearly as fast, on the strat's thicker neck.

I think a Jackson Soloist with a good floyd rose will cut through all of that. A slightly thicker and rounder but still fast neck and a stable bridge. Good playing ability is my primary concern, but cosmetics can also tip the scale if two guitars are equally playable. I have playing some Megadeth lately and and have been trying to get to grips with Cacophony. If you have any other suggestions for a guitar please let me know. Cheers.
i haven't tried the professional (or indeed the newer non-MIJ pro series). If you're ok with used, a used post-2006 sl3 would be worth a look- duncans and frt-x000 trem.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?