Hey guys, im 14 and on a budget, i play out in a Van Halen cover band in clubs and stuff, I cant decide between the zoom g3x or the zoom g5, I need to be able to use multiple effects like phase, flange, delay, and wah. Can i do all that on the same patch and switch between them easily while im playing live? so is the Zoom g5 worth the extra 100 bucks? Thanks
The glaring difference between the two is the expression pedal, the G3 doesn't have a wah that you can manipulate with your foot. Imo, in hindsight, yes the extra cost is worth the wah/whammy/volume expression pedal.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
And yes, you can put together strings of FX and then switch them with a single stomp. That's really what they're all about.
Quote by lucky1978
The glaring difference between the two is the expression pedal, the G3 doesn't have a wah that you can manipulate with your foot. Imo, in hindsight, yes the extra cost is worth the wah/whammy/volume expression pedal.

The zoom g3 doesnt have the wah, the zoom g3X has one and so does the g5
Quote by sanjeeb12
The zoom g3 doesnt have the wah, the zoom g3X has one and so does the g5

Oh...in that case, does it have the whammy? Cause the plain g3 doesn't. They're both worth the money.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
I think so, not sure. I think the g3x and the g5 have most of the same features but the g5 has a tube booster in it. and all the amp models and effects are the same