Page 1 of 2
I want to know what percentage of you guys get in the mosh pit when they go to concerts?? vote now...poll coming
press ctrl + w
Last edited by chestercheetah at Jul 28, 2014,
I used to but I have grown up since then.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
always.

i bring a separate pair of shoes and t-shirt for it and even got a belt loop thing for my phone so it wouldn't go flying out my pocket again.

also i'm 27 and see guys older than me still at it so yeah
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
always.

i bring a separate pair of shoes and t-shirt for it and even got a belt loop thing for my phone so it wouldn't go flying out my pocket again.

also i'm 27 and see guys older than me still at it so yeah

Pretty much this, although it depends on how I'm feeling on the night.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
I'm the 'go to a concert and listen to the music' type of guy
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
I stand at the back where I can hear.
I stand at the back where I can see.
I stand at the back where there's a bar and a toilet.
If it's a band I don't know too well, ie a support band, then I'll pit heavy but if it's a band that lyrically and vocally are really good, Ill go near the front like a 14 year old girl and sing along.

That being said, even if there's a band that I like to sing to, if there are kids hardcore dancing, I'll do my best to start a pit just to annihilate those little fags.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
How do you prepare tea?

Quote by theogonia777
thrown into the boston harbor

Quote by Crofty89
Only if you boil the ocean first

JUST BOUGHT SIKTH DEATH OF A DEAD DAY ALBUM FROM THE US AND IT CAME WITH THE 6 YEAR OLD SIGNED POSTER (30/4/12) WIN
Quote by chestercheetah
vote now...poll coming
aaaaaaaaaany second now.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
It's been over an hour. Where the ****'s my poll, man?
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I prefer to stand in the back or to the side where I'm not being squished and having a heat stroke. Occasionally I'll go right in front of the stage if it's a band I really, really love.
I would rather get close to the stage and let the band keep me entertained than ignore what they're doing in a pit.

If I'm in a pit, it means I don't think the band is very entertaining to watch, which kind of defeats the purpose of watching them live.
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
I dint, but then the metal bands I go to rarely have moshpits.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Joshua Garcia
aaaaaaaaaany second now.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaany second
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by captainsnazz
no because

1. i don't go to see bands that have mosh pits
2. i don't go to see bands
3. i don't want my hair to get damaged
4. i am cool

> doesn't want 'hair to get damaged'
> is 'cool'

Mutual exclusion detected
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by ChucklesMginty
You clearly haven't seen Snazz's locks, they're a national treasure.

Sounds like he's a girlyman.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Not really often. Maybe for a few songs during the set that have that kind of vibe to them. Most movement is just jumping up and down though.
Last metal gig I was at, Lamb of God in the Bristol 02, the venue is small as shit and there were maybe 2000 people there. There was barely room for pits and more than once I was so cramped I jumped and didn't come back down for 5 minutes.
Quote by captainsnazz

3. i don't want my hair to get damaged

I'm glad you make this a priority. I haven't gone swimming in a pool or the sea for months because of this. Though I probably still have a lot to learn from you; if I were truly serious about this I never would have dyed my hair, and certainly not twice.
cat
I absolutely try to, whenever I'm seeing a band that is important enough to me.

Best pits have been Converge, Meshuggah, Muse, Nine Inch Nails
Quote by Jyrgen

Here next week.

edit: pit at a muse concert? or is it one of those jumpy light shoving ones you get a rock/pop shows rather than the 'let's wreck each other' metal and hardcore ones.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by Jyrgen

personally, I've allways had the best experiences at ska-concerts. hella fun
Quote by Telecaster7
Oh dear, current affairs...
No, I fight my way to the front of the crowd and watch the band. Alternatively if it's like a festival or something and there's a lot of hot girls I'll stay around the middle of the crowd and see if anyone asks to be lifted up/sit on my shoulders, usually works out pretty well. (happens fairly often, being tall has it's perks.)
only if it's powerviolence, beat down, etc
i don't know why i feel so dry
I usually only get in the pit if I'm drunk or at a ska show. If both, definitely. But usually, I'm like this:
Quote by Amuro Jay
Not really a pit guy. More like "get as close to the stage as possible and crowd surf if I can't" kind of guy, if I'm in the mood.

Though I've been crowd surfing a lot less lately. I've had a string of bad experiences with being dropped or crowds that just don't care and look up at me and shake their heads. The last time I surfed was actually against my will, but I got thrown onstage, which was pretty cool.
pv in small venues where the pit takes up the whole room and keeps spilling onto the stage and knocking over all the equipment

also those bands where everyone sings along with every single word because it is so, so emotional and deep, are awful. the 'pit' is just everyone shoving to the front of the stage to get noticed by the singer.
O.K.

~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
Here next week.

edit: pit at a muse concert? or is it one of those jumpy light shoving ones you get a rock/pop shows rather than the 'let's wreck each other' metal and hardcore ones.

They are incredible, if you're going to the front prepare your anus though.

Have to admit that I'm using the term "pit" rather loosely here, there's no circles or walls going on at a Muse gig But the atmosphere and feeling of connectedness with strangers was incredible and in that regard comparable to, say, Meshuggah. There were RATM riffs and crowdsurfing and headbanging and shit.
Last edited by Jyrgen at Jul 28, 2014,
Quote by ProgFripp74
That being said, even if there's a band that I like to sing to, if there are kids hardcore dancing, I'll do my best to start a pit just to annihilate those little fags.

This is always funny, yeah.
Craziest pit I ever saw was Cannibal Corpse, where one guy broke his leg right in front of me, a couple dudes were bleeding all down their faces, and people were being knocked out.

The most fun I ever had in a pit was at Primus, who everyone should go see, whether or not you like their music
Israel is a terrorist state.
Quote by theguitarist

also those bands where everyone sings along with every single word because it is so, so emotional and deep, are awful. the 'pit' is just everyone shoving to the front of the stage to get noticed by the singer.

Every Touche Amore show I've been to was like that. I saw them play on a lawn before and it was just their vocalist fighting a giant blob of people for the mic.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
If you go to concerts with good music there are no pits.

>Good music
>No pit

PICK ONE!
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
>Good music
>No pit

PICK ONE!

I don't have to tho.
Last edited by JackWhiteIsButts at Jul 28, 2014,
Page 1 of 2