Anyone had experience with Yamaha Pacifica 510's? They seem to be the higher-end ones but I've never played one.

There's a massive price drop ****************YamahaGuitarOffer and I'm deciding whether to take the plunge and buy online without trying.

Any insight would be extremely helpful.
Cheers!
I have experience with the low-end pacificas, and they're outstanding in the price range. The 510 also has a lot of favorable reviews on it's side, so I'd say that it's a good guitar. Haven't tried one, but I think it's safe to say that it's worth the money if it's on sale.
I haven't played one, but since I have yet to hear anybody say anything bad about the Pacificas, I think that it would be a pretty safe investment, especially if it's on sale.
Gear:

ESP EC-50
ESP FB-204

MXR '78 Custom Badass Distortion
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR EVH Phase 90
MXR Analog Chorus

"Music is the strongest form of magic." - Marilyn Manson
I have a 10-year old Pacifica and it still works as good as ever. They're also extremely durable; I've dropped it a few times and the only damage was that some of the paint got scratched off.
Yeah the ones at Dolphin music have over 50% off ATM so it's a good deal. There's also a few acoustics in the sale but I don't need an acoustic right now. Hearing good feedback about the pacifica, I might have to go for it. I do love the one pickup design of it - makes it a bit more interesting than regular ones!
yeah i saw that price drop, pretty tempting.

I haven't tried the 510. They might have a pretty narrow nut width, so that'd be worth bearing in mind. Also I asked over at the fretboard forum and someone said he thought it wasn't routed for a neck pickup, so that would also be worth bearing in mind. for those two reasons I'll pass, but that doesn't necessarily mean that you have to.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?