I translated the website, and if google isn't pulling any shit it clearly states that it's made in korea. But it could be that the google translator ****ed the text up as usual.

EDIT: is the price in LTL or in £? My browser has some conflicting opinions on that. Either way, I'd say it's way too cheap to be an american made fender.
Last edited by guitar/bass95 at Jul 28, 2014,
The only Strats in the last few years I know of that came with Graffiti Yellow were the Powerhouse strats, and those were MiM with pearloid pickguards. I wouldn't trust it, OP.
I'll translate everything that the seller says about the Strat.

"Fender guitar from a Chinese factory with a protective film on front. Almost new, with a "Made in USA" note.

EDIT: Yes, the price is 400LTL which is very cheap.
Last edited by vilius.andraiti at Jul 28, 2014,
Quote by vilius.andraiti

"Fender guitar from a Chinese factory with a protective film on front. Almost new, with a "Made in USA" note.

If it's from a chinese factory it's not made in the US right? And 400 LTL is so dirt cheap that it's no way from the USA. Squiers cost more than that.
As far as I know, a legit Fender isn't made in China. And besides, 400 LTL is way too cheap for it to be real. I wouldn't trust it.
Gear:

ESP EC-50
ESP FB-204

MXR '78 Custom Badass Distortion
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR EVH Phase 90
MXR Analog Chorus

"Music is the strongest form of magic." - Marilyn Manson
Quote by SexyBeast810
As far as I know, a legit Fender isn't made in China. And besides, 400 LTL is way too cheap for it to be real. I wouldn't trust it.

They do now. Lots of the Modern Player series Fenders are chinese.
Quote by juliusxxrock
Yup.

My friend has a china-made modern player Jazz Bass.
It feels waaaaay better than any american made I've ever played.

Wow. Either your friend got extremely lucky with that J Bass (or maybe he's had it set up and adjusted since buying it), or all the US made ones you've played have been set up terribly. I've played some seriously great instruments from other parts of Asia (Korea, Japan and Indonesia), but I've never played anything from China that didn't feel like ass. And I work in a store that stocks more low end Fenders than anything else. I've got like 15 Chinese fenders on the wall right now, and every single one of them had to be worked on by our tech before we were comfortable putting them out for sale. Fret leveling and smoothing, action adjustments, neck adjustments, intonation, all sorts of shit. If it were up to me, we wouldn't even stock Chinese guitars. The Mexican Standards would be the lowest end Fenders we had, and the entry level price points would be served by Indonesian models from other brands, which are getting to the point they're almost as cheap as Chinese, and usually much higher quality.
Quote by vilius.andraiti

Hmm. That alone is enough to assume it's a scam, as far as I'm concerned. "From a Chinese factory" and "Made in USA" obviously do not belong in the same description. Assuming that's not a mis-translation, it's clearly bullshit.

That said, looking at the pictures, you can clearly see "Made in USA" printed on the headstock, not just the sticker on the pickguard. But then there's the body of the guitar which, besides being ugly as sin, just looks cheap. I don't recognize that color, and it doesn't look like something Fender would finish an American guitar with. Also, in the picture of the neck joint, you can see that the neck is bolted on crooked. And yeah, that price is way too cheap for a real American Fender, even used.

My gut feeling is that this is a scam involving a US-made Fender neck that's been sloppily bolted onto a cheap piece of crap body. Regardless, the whole thing just reeks of fishiness. I wouldn't absolutely not buy that.
OK, I must be missing something here... there is a Chinese internet merchant that sells everything from fashions to refrigerators, toilets to baby carriages, and they advertise US-made Fender guitars for far less than what you can buy them for in the US, and you are asking if they are real US-made Fenders? What? Are they buying them from Fender, shipping them to some Chinese factory and selling them at a loss and shipping them back to the US buyers?????

They aren't US-made Fenders, and it isn't some elaborate scam involving putting USA necks on Chinese bodies. They are just taking Chinese made guitars putting Made in USA Fender decals on and selling them to stupid and gullible people who can't figure out the obvious.
Just laying my thoughts down....

If you are looking for a cheap guitar to putz around with, be my guest, but in no way is that a USA Fender.

I've been seeing these guitars around for quite some time now. China is the counterfeit capital of the world. THey do this with everything - designer fashions, computer hardware, computer software, video games (Microsoft XBOX One look-a-like-that is actually a NES clone anyone?), pretty much, if it's popular, and high dollar, they will clone, copy, or counterfeit it.

When it comes to guitars, the quality of the counterfeit can very. THis looks like a pretty darned good one - but not good enough.

The neck wood appears to be some odd version of Maple they use in China, I have seen wood like that on Chinese Squiers, and for all I know, it came from the same plant as a Squier Affinity. Also, the pickguard looks uneven in some spots which instantly screams to me "Not a Real Fender" - Squier Pickguards are better aligned (it's highly visible on the treble side horn to a keen-enough eye).

Also, the neck appears to be a little too radiused (7.16"? vs. the modern 9.5" Radius), the logo is a little too thickly printed, and every American Fender I've ever seen does not have one of those plastic inserts.

One thing that I'm wondering, do the same factories that make these Chinese counterfeits also make legitimate lower-cost Epiphone/Squier guitars?

Asian guitar manufacturing, and sorry if I'm mentioning what may have already been said, is different from here in the states. Tons of brands come from one factory, and after watching some video of the various Chinese guitar plants, I would not be surprised if this came from one of those places. I watched a video of the Yako plant where squiers were made, it was obvious they were assembling Affinity Strats (a guitar I'm too familiar with), but they had not put the Squier logo on the headstocks yet.

Could be some marketing house buys em' up, slaps counterfeit Fender logos on em'.

A Chinese company called PC Chips did this with computer motherboards with fake Cache RAM and sticker labeled faux name-brand chipsets back in the 90's, so it would not be surprising if the relabeled by sticker thing goes on with guitars too.
My Current Mains
- 1996 Fender Jag-Stang with EMG Pickups
- 1998 Fender Jaguar with Cool Rails
- 1982 Hondo Paul Dean II (DiMarzio Super II X2)
- 2010 "Fender" Jazzmaster (Home built)
- 2013 Squier VM Bass VI (stock)