Hello guys
As you can guess a new guitar day awaits yet i cant make the right choice between 2 different models. I really want to get an explorer shaped guitar and i think the guitars below are cool but i really need some advice to know which one it better.

The first one is an Epiphone 1984 Explorer with EMG 81.85 set.
The second one is an Edwards e-ex 110d.

As you can guess Edwards looks killer but some say that edwards are great but they suck at 110d series.

I'd go for a gibson explorer too but the new look awfull and the old 84 models are damn too expensive..

I really like the edwards but like i said im affraid of the sound.

Thank you!
what kind of music do you play?

both are decent, the big dif between the EPi and Eddy is probably the finish. (pick ups aside).

the eddy is partially made in china and japan with a lacquer coat over a thin poly base.

the epi may be made in a number of countries depending on year and will have a full poly finish.

both make good guitars so it may be up to which one you prefer. i'd go with the eddy all day but ymmv.
I'd go for the Edwards. Not that the Epiphone is a bad guitar though.

In an ideal world, I'd get a Gibson Gothic Explorer from ebay.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
The EMG loaded Epiphone will give you a metallica-like tone, and it's up to you whether or not you like EMGs, it's a love it or hate it sitaution, if you like them, you just can't go wrong.

The Edwards will give you a more organic and true tone that'd be more fitting in softer genres of music, jazz-rock. (not that you wouldn't be able to go any heavier but I think they'd come off as more muddy than the epiphone's EMGs)
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I'd go for the Edwards. Not that the Epiphone is a bad guitar though.

+1, though I haven't tried that specific edwards or epiphone

as greg says the edwards is probably started off in china and finished off in japan
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
it's worth mentioning that if you want a ridiculously nice explorer you should find a nice mij bacchus.

they've made both korina and mahogany versions and the guitars from the late 90s early 2000s are ridiculous.
Thanks but is there anyone who tried the Edwards actually?
And guys where can i find a used gibson 84 explorer even a reissue would be great
^ maybe try some of the japanese guitar forums? i've tried a couple of edwardses but not the explorer.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?