Hey, I own a Dime Razorback with Floyd Rose and I have always had problem with bends on this guitar, I thought i just wasn't that great of a bender until recently. But here's my problem, lets say I bend the high e string in the twelfth fret, the whammy bar gets dumped back when I bend a string, usually the bar dumps every string about a half step (E down to E flat) in result bends become flat (making it impossible to make a bend on the 10th fret match the 12th) and it ruins the tuning. If you could give me any advice or help on how I can fix this it will be greatly appreciated! I can't find any information on this anywhere. Thanks!
Make sure your saddles are tight and locking nuts are tight. I know that seems obvious but ive found myself in that position before to find that saddles werent as tight as I thought. If you have new strings on it, it will take some playing to stretch them out. I usually end up re-tuning new strings 3-4 times their first jam session before they finally keep tune. "Floyd Rose Special" & others with w/o "Floyd Rose Original" engraved on them have given me nothing but problems. Dont expect cheap knock offs to perform like a "Floyd Rose Original". Sorry if thats not what you wanted to hear, but thats my personal experience with them.
Jackson Pro King V
Schecter LE Hellraiser C-1
Schecter Hellraiser V-1
Peavey 6505+
Marshall1960a
Line 6 Wireless G50> Boss TU-3> Dunlop Orignal Crybaby> Ibanez TS-9> MXR Smart Gate> Digitech Turbo Flange> MXR Black Label Chorus> MXR Carbon Copy
Quote by pantallica87
Make sure your saddles are tight and locking nuts are tight. I know that seems obvious but ive found myself in that position before to find that saddles werent as tight as I thought. If you have new strings on it, it will take some playing to stretch them out. I usually end up re-tuning new strings 3-4 times their first jam session before they finally keep tune. "Floyd Rose Special" & others with w/o "Floyd Rose Original" engraved on them have given me nothing but problems. Dont expect cheap knock offs to perform like a "Floyd Rose Original". Sorry if thats not what you wanted to hear, but thats my personal experience with them.

Thanks for the reply, these strings are a few months old. It is a floyd rose special, ill check the saddles and nuts. Is this common for the bar to move on its own during bends??
It's the nature of the beast. You bend a string, the floyd is going to get pulled forward. You have to learn to compensate for this.
Quote by natester99
Thanks for the reply, these strings are a few months old. It is a floyd rose special, ill check the saddles and nuts. Is this common for the bar to move on its own during bends??

Yes. The problem you're experiencing has absolutely nothing to do with what kind of Floyd Rose you have. The bridge always will pull forwards to compensate for the extra tension you're applying by bending it, which will cause all the other strings to go flat. That's just the way a Floyd Rose vibrato works.

You could feasibly try bending the bridge back level as you bend, by pressing it down with the meat of your right hand, but that's very difficult to do. How hard you press down depends on your guitar setup, how hard you bend, and where.

If you can't stand it, and double bending is something you wish to do quite a lot of, either block the Floyd, buy another guitar, or put on a brave face and deal with it.

There's not much else you can do about it.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jul 28, 2014,
This is typical Floyd behavior.

But it's a function of the springs themselves.

If you have your Floyd set up with just, say, three normal springs and the action of the Floyd is fairly easy and lightweight, what you've experienced will be the result.

You CAN deal with it by putting in stronger/more springs which have more tension and then adjusting the string/spring balance just so. What happens is that the *additional* string tension added by bending a string is insignificant relative to the amount of tension that it takes to stretch those springs. This is pretty easy when you have thinner strings tuned to standard and heavy (or all five) springs. You screw in the claw so that the springs are *just* engaging the tension supplied by the strings. That way your Floyd will raise very little when you bend. The downside is that you're going to have to use quite a bit more muscle when you dive to overcome the increased power of those springs.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Yes. The problem you're experiencing has absolutely nothing to do with what kind of Floyd Rose you have. The bridge always will pull forwards to compensate for the extra tension you're applying by bending it, which will cause all the other strings to go flat. That's just the way a Floyd Rose vibrato works.

You could feasibly try bending the bridge back level as you bend, by pressing it down with the meat of your right hand, but that's very difficult to do. How hard you press down depends on your guitar setup, how hard you bend, and where.

If you can't stand it, and double bending is something you wish to do quite a lot of, either block the Floyd, buy another guitar, or put on a brave face and deal with it.

There's not much else you can do about it.

Hmm alright thanks very much! I'll just learn to deal with it.
Quote by dspellman
This is typical Floyd behavior.

But it's a function of the springs themselves.

If you have your Floyd set up with just, say, three normal springs and the action of the Floyd is fairly easy and lightweight, what you've experienced will be the result.

You CAN deal with it by putting in stronger/more springs which have more tension and then adjusting the string/spring balance just so. What happens is that the *additional* string tension added by bending a string is insignificant relative to the amount of tension that it takes to stretch those springs. This is pretty easy when you have thinner strings tuned to standard and heavy (or all five) springs. You screw in the claw so that the springs are *just* engaging the tension supplied by the strings. That way your Floyd will raise very little when you bend. The downside is that you're going to have to use quite a bit more muscle when you dive to overcome the increased power of those springs.

Thank you very much! I'll look into adding more stronger springs, i have 3 pretty worn out ones on there currently.
Sorry if i was misleading. I was under the impression that after you bend your string, the tuning would drop flat causing you to re-tune the guitar over and over.
Jackson Pro King V
Schecter LE Hellraiser C-1
Schecter Hellraiser V-1
Peavey 6505+
Marshall1960a
Line 6 Wireless G50> Boss TU-3> Dunlop Orignal Crybaby> Ibanez TS-9> MXR Smart Gate> Digitech Turbo Flange> MXR Black Label Chorus> MXR Carbon Copy
Quote by pantallica87
Sorry if i was misleading. I was under the impression that after you bend your string, the tuning would drop flat causing you to re-tune the guitar over and over.

It's ok, that's not my problem, but if it ever becomes my problem I'll know how to fix it. I do have one more question though. My guitar seems to have 2 tunings kind of, after the bar is dumped it goes slightly flat, then after it is raised (as in doing a dime bomb) the tuning goes sharp. Is that normal for Floyd Roses?
Quote by natester99
It's ok, that's not my problem, but if it ever becomes my problem I'll know how to fix it. I do have one more question though. My guitar seems to have 2 tunings kind of, after the bar is dumped it goes slightly flat, then after it is raised (as in doing a dime bomb) the tuning goes sharp. Is that normal for Floyd Roses?

That is uncharacteristic of a good Floyd, but characteristic of a cheap FR.
I have a FRO (THE FR made in Germany) on one of my guitars and it stays in tune pretty darn well consider how it is abused. It goes flat very slowly over time, but thats what the fine tuners are for. The high e goes just barely flat every other day or so but half a turn on the fine tuner and I'm all set. Everything else stays in tune perfectly for a good week or so before a tidbit of fine tuning is due.
Quote by natester99

Not normal for a Floyd Rose. Yours most definitely needs adjustment.