hello i'm looking for some names of distortion pedals that works well with chords. i'm not talking about full barre or open chords stuff,but more for playing stuff like 3 string triads. ive tried a few pedals, some are better than others but i haven't found one yet that can make me play a minor third without sounding horrific. i understand that it might take more than just a distortion pedal to get that. can u guys maybe give me a few names and/or tricks on getting a tone for that. i tried putting some flanger effect on and it works a bit, but i haven't got the knowledge for creating such a tone.
What you really need is a new amp

I'll try and edit thes post when I'm a bit less drunk, tough your amp isn't exactly regarded as a great soudning amp, and you might wanna consider getting a new one.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Yeah that amp is definitely detrimental to achieving chord clarity.
I'm Mitch, I like making guitar and bass gear reviews/comparisons on YouTube
YouTube

I play bass in an instrumental band called Beyond the Woods
Facebook
Twitter
I use to get decent tone with a Princeton Chorus, which is somewhat similar to your amp, and a Boss Blues Driver. Maybe try an ehx Soul Food, its the best od for note clarity that I've used, though I'm not so sure how well it would work with a ss amp. No one here is trying to pick on you, but a better amp is really the best way to go. I'm pretty sure you could get a used Blues Jr for the price of a new frontman.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20