I have an acoustic electric guitar, and I want to buy an RC-30 loop station to play along with a microphone. I do not have an amp or anything.

I want to know what equipment is necessary for me to be able to use an RC-30. I need some kind of speaker device that actually replays the sounds right? So I would assume I'd need an amp of some sort. I would also want to use a microphone for vocals, so would a normal guitar amp be able to amplify my voice as well comping through the loop pedal? Or would it sound like crap?

Can anyone suggest me what equipment I need to use an RC-30 for live performances?

Additional question: I would also like to use my loop station and eventually record stuff on my computer. I would need a USB interface for that I assume, but would that be all I need?

Thank you!
A powered speaker is what you want. It'll work best with a vocal preamp and an acoustic preamp, but all you need to start is a powered speaker.

A lot of the acoustic amps have a jack for a mic too, thats another good route to take.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by lucky1978
A powered speaker is what you want. It'll work best with a vocal preamp and an acoustic preamp, but all you need to start is a powered speaker.

A lot of the acoustic amps have a jack for a mic too, thats another good route to take.

Sound good. What about hooking up the RC-30 to a computer. If I had, let's say, a USB interface, like a scarlett 2i4. Would I hook up my guitar and mic to my RC-30, then to my USB interface, and then to my computer, and would I be able to listen to what I was playing through my speakers or headphones or something?
Last edited by GodsPrototype at Jul 28, 2014,
You can't use the usb socket on the rc 30 for outputting continously to a pc. Only to add or extract recorded loops. If you had an instrument to usb adapter you might be able to do it that way. I have the rc 30 and I'm now looking at the fs6 Foot switch to go with it so I can change memory banks with my feet mid song. I think this is important for live performances otherwise you can only access two loops and even swapping tracks to the second track is messy.