Hey all,

Just wanted some opinions....I have been playing for roughly 16 years and am now looking to get fluent in a few different aspects of techniques, mainly slide, chicken pickin, and some sweep picking. My question is, what is the ebst way to break them up so that I am putting a decent amount of time into each one. SHould I just focus on one style for a while than change it up, or work on one some days and a different another?

Just curious on whats worked for people trying to learn a variety of styles

Thanks
well you can try to do each one individually and try to find a way to make the techniche as easy as possible
I'd suggest making things into a sort of weightlifting regimen. Whatever you want to do, break them down into exercises, of a few reps and varied speeds ...just like when you stack a workout program (I go to the gym 3-4 days a week so I think in those terms because I see a definite connection).

Small bits of exercises rather than long ones, are best, in my opinion.

I teach a way that only takes the student 10 minutes of practice a day to excel. Its not in how long, its in how correctly you exercise, and my approach to that, takes advantage of knowledge on the way the brain learns.

Best,

Sean