Hello!

I just bought the LTD ec-1000. What gauge should I use for standard C?
what gauge do you normally use for E on a 24.75" scale? EDIT: or in case you always play in C but on a different scale length, what gauge do you normally use for C with a 25.5" (or 25" if you use that) scale length?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
11-56?
Worked for me
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
I guess it depends how you like your tension? I'd definitely go with 12's or 13's, personally.

I tend to go with 12-60 in Drop B and DR make a 13-65 that I like to use for Drop A# and below. Either that, or Cleartone make a 13-70 set ? Not quite the same tunings, but that might give you some food for thought!
As heavy as you can find/will fit in the tuning pegs.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by Dave_Mc
what gauge do you normally use for E on a 24.75" scale? EDIT: or in case you always play in C but on a different scale length, what gauge do you normally use for C with a 25.5" (or 25" if you use that) scale length?

It's an ESP, so it comes stock with 10-46.

You're probably going to want either 11s or 12s for playing in C. In my experience, any tuning lower than C# (even there it's pushing it) doesn't happen for me with 10s.
Gear:

ESP EC-50
ESP FB-204

MXR '78 Custom Badass Distortion
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR EVH Phase 90
MXR Analog Chorus

"Music is the strongest form of magic." - Marilyn Manson
I had use 10-48 strings for standard E tuning, on my Ibanez grg170dx which have a 25.5" lenght scale.
^ Thanks. I'm guessing you'd probably want to use at least 12s, then. Normally most people say each half-step change in tuning is equivalent to one change of gauge (that would be 14s, would they even fit in the tuners/nut? ). Plus the smaller scale length will make things feel slightly slacker, too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?