So I currently have guitar lessons once a week straight after work and normally store my current cheap and cheerful Electo- Acoustic in a soft / gig case in my car all day while i'm at work, but as i'm about to spend £300 - £400 on a new Electro Accoustic I was wonder how much damage does this cause to the guitar?

I live in the UK so weather-wise its doesnt tend to get much hotter than 25 degrees celcius (77 fahrenheit) in the summer, but can be -3 celcius in the winter (26 fahrenheit).
Guitars are pretty susceptible to the weather. I'm very sure acoustics are even more so. I'd seriously advise against it.
Cheers for the advice, I dont want to risk damaging a new guitar for the sake of saving 10 minutes once a week.
if you knowingly leave a nice guitar in the trunk of your car... I will find you !!!!
need more gear and a lot more talent(courtesytuxs)
Quote by alex.aird.9
....[ ]......I live in the UK so weather-wise its doesn't tend to get much hotter than 25 degrees Celsius (77 Fahrenheit) in the summer, but can be -3 Celsius in the winter (26 Fahrenheit).

I expect that in summer, the OAT doesn't matter as much as the rise over ambient which occurs from the sun heating the car's interior. In winter, a work shift is plenty of time to have the guitar the same as the OAT.

Hard cases are intended to mitigate sudden changes in temperature on their contents. You know like jumping out of the car and walking a couple of blocks to a friends house.However, "while I'm at work", couldn't be considered a "sudden" change in temps.

The better a guitar becomes, (solid top, all solid woods), the more susceptible it becomes to climatic changes.

If push came to shove, I'd suggest taking the beater to your lessons, and leaving the new guitar at home and enjoying it there.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Jul 29, 2014,
Quote by stepchildusmc
if you knowingly leave a nice guitar in the trunk of your car... I will find you !!!!

Don't worry I won't leave it in my car any long than the 20 min drive to my lesson
Quote by Captaincranky
If push came to shove, I'd suggest taking the beater to your lessons, and leaving the new guitar at home and enjoying it there

Yeah probably a better plan cheers, I'm not too fussed about my current Westfield especially after seeing them sell on eBay for less than £50.
I finally spent the cash and bought a "Composite Acoustic". Temperature and humidity doesn't affect it. They are expensive but worth it if you travel a lot like I do.