I have a higher end acoustic (Santa Cruz D) and I've had some very annoying fret buzz for several months now to the point it makes me put down the guitar in frustration and switch to another. The buzz isn't really too much of an issue when finger picking but once I start strumming, the buzzing is loud and prominent. If I strike the open strings (e.g. 3rd string) hard, it'll start buzzing. Certain strings on certain frets will also buzz particularly loud but the buzzing is pretty much all over the fretboard. I'm not sure what the issue was. I have a paper documenting it was professionally set up by Santa Cruz themselves from the previous owner. And I use the same gauge of strings it was set up with (12s).

Anyone know what I can do. I live in FL so it might be humidity but I don't know really. Is my only good bet to take this to a technician. If so, I'll be glad for a recommendation in the Orlando area.
The simplest explanation is that the neck relief has changed due to differences in humidity, but the degree of top bellyng might have altered. I would take it to a technician; it very likely isn't a big deal, just typical changes in a guitar's geometry due to age and/or environment.
Quote by Tony Done
The simplest explanation is that the neck relief has changed due to differences in humidity, but the degree of top bellyng might have altered. I would take it to a technician; it very likely isn't a big deal, just typical changes in a guitar's geometry due to age and/or environment.

I came here to say this. It seems really simple, but it's worth a shot. I certainly didn't consider it until I took it to a technician and he pointed it out to me. The humidity could be reshaping the guitar slightly, causing differences in distance from the neck to the strings in different areas, causing the buzz. Look down your neck having your eyes by the headstock looking straight down at the bridge. See if it's the space between the neck and strings is consistent.