Page 1 of 2
The Battle of the Five Armies

So, the teaser trailer for The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies has been released.

I'm not really sure what to think..but judging by the trailer, I've already seen quite a few things that Peter took out of his buttocks, unfortunately.

I hope it isn't as disappointing as the second, in other words, a film to just watch ignoring the book.

I wish he'd carried on, with the second, as he did with the first, which was perfection.

Even though, I like the use of Pippins' Song in the trailer. Considering that in the book The Fellowship Of The Ring, it's mentioned that Bilbo wrote it, it's quite fitting.

Thoughts, pit?
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Cool, I still need to watch the first two.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Yeah like half that trailer was not canon, which is annoying. And there are parts that are obviously made for 3D (the moving cart) which kind of sucks because it looks crap in 2D.

Basically I'm not excited at all for it, but will end up watching it eventually.

Quote by snipelfritz
Cool, I still need to watch the first two.

No, you don't.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Krieger91
Thoughts, pit?
What does hydra dream about?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I never had any desire to see the 2nd after watching the 1st. So I probably won't watch the 3rd. At least not for several more years.
I like the films, but theatrical trailers for any blockbuster film in existence always piss me off, no matter how much i like the movie.
Quote by lolmnt

Does Hydra Dream Of Three-Headed Sheep?

by Babby Joel
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
It's an ok trilogy.

Not LOTR excellence, but its a notable nod at the book. I hope he trys his hand at the The Silmarillion, but I doubt that will be a thing if ever.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I think it's gonna be awesome and don't care if he's strayed from the book
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
I don't think I'll ever watch them, too disappointed watching the first.
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
I'm definitely going to watch. But it has Martin Freeman and Ian McKellen so they could just film their bums side by side for three hours and I would probably still watch it.
I think people hate on the Hobbit films too much. Of course they aren't as good as LOTR, very few films are. The Hobbit is still far better than a lot of stuff that comes out these days. I agree there are some parts that needn't exist. On more than one occasion I have heard the Hobbit films likened to the Star Wars prequels, which I think is absurd.
The films should've been 2 films instead of 3 films, there is an over reliance on CGI instead of practical effects used in LOTR, they overall feel a lot less genuine, the physics is broken, however they are pretty fun films overall.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
The Hobbit films will never be able to step out of the shadow of the LotR films.

Theyve really stretched it out.

They turned 3 LotR books into three films and 1 Hobbit book (which is shorter than any 1 of the LotR books) also into 3 films.

I dont mind them but the second Hobbit film just felt sooooooooo streeeeeeeeeched ouuuuuuuuuut
Quote by LivinJoke84
The Hobbit films will never be able to step out of the shadow of the LotR films.

Theyve really stretched it out.

They turned 3 LotR books into three films and 1 Hobbit book (which is shorter than any 1 of the LotR books) also into 3 films.

I dont mind them but the second Hobbit film just felt sooooooooo streeeeeeeeeched ouuuuuuuuuut

"Like butter, scraped over too much bread"
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by lolmnt

not good things
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
I'm excited for the third movie, even though the second one felt more like a trailer for the third. It has Gandalf, and it has Billy Connolly. Ticket, paid.
Say what you want but I love the first two Annoyed that they added Legolas and a stupid love story for no reason but still.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Not excited for it at all. These films are a complete disgrace to the book (which is an incredible book). I LOVE LOTR though, seen the extended versions a million times, masterpiece of a trilogy. It's hard to see Peter Jackson pull a George Lucas on the Hobbit, this book and LOTR had a huge impact of my childhood and it's sorry to see how big of a mess this three part hobbit movie.
Smaug will probably be awesome but the rest will probably suck, just like how the first two were

And the battle of the five armies will be awesome too so hopefully that's most of the movie

But it in other news HOLY SHIT MAD MAX 4
Last edited by whywefight at Jul 29, 2014,
Oh no it's not word for word like the book! How will we ever enjoy it!

The only movie that was practically 100% the same as the book, and was still decent was to kill a mocking bird.
from what I remember The Road and The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo were pretty good and accurate, but I don't really remember the books that well
I don't think The Hobbit is even that good a book. The films so far have just felt lacklustre and stretched out because Peter Jackson can't find it in himself to make a short movie these days.
Quote by Random3
On more than one occasion I have heard the Hobbit films likened to the Star Wars prequels, which I think is absurd.

That's a terrible comparison. I think the Hobbit movies have been far better than the Star Wars prequels.
I don't think the Hobbit is an incredible book. It's a fun children's style book, but that's about it.

I consider this Peter Jackson's Hobbit, not a film version of Tolkien's Hobbit. I don't care that it isn't 100% true to the book.
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Krieger91

Thoughts, pit?

Peter Jackson is a terrible director who seems unaware of concepts such as "pacing" and "editing".

LOTR is a shit movie series. This is just another poop in an overly long and drawn out string of poops.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I learned long ago to not try and evaluate how good a film will be by its trailer.

Quote by Xiaoxi
Peter Jackson is a terrible director who seems unaware of concepts such as "pacing" and "editing".

LOTR is a shit movie series. This is just another poop in an overly long and drawn out string of poops.

Shooshi is jel because Petey J has more BMWs than Shooshi will ever see
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Jul 29, 2014,
Quote by StewieSwan
Shooshi is jel because Petey J has more BMWs than Shooshi will ever see

I dunno about that. Bout to see a lot of bimmers this weekend

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
In that case, allow me to amend my initial thoughts..

Peter Jackson is a tired director who seems to have no regards for concepts such as "pacing" and "editing".

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by daytripper75
That's a terrible comparison. I think the Hobbit movies have been far better than the Star Wars prequels.

I agree, that's why I think it's idiotic to compare them.

The only things that I can think of that are similar between the Hobbit and the Star Wars prequels is that they are prequels to VERY highly regarded trilogies, they use CGI and green screens to a higher degree than that of the originals, and there is (some would argue) "awkward" comic relief in both.

There are two things that I will give the Star Wars prequels credit for. The visual effects and the score.
I'll probably watch it when it comes out because I watched the other two, and like the other two my thoughts will probably be "eh, well, I guess it WAS a movie".

I'm not comparing it to the books, I haven't read the books. I just don't think they're great films.
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
Wtf, there's gonna be a third one? I didn't bother watching the second after the first. I thought it was caca. There is really no need at all in making this a trilogy. That white orc shit was like wtf is this, go away. ****ing Peter Jackson.
Quote by K'Nuckles
Wtf, there's gonna be a third one? I didn't bother watching the second after the first. I thought it was caca. There is really no need at all in making this a trilogy. That white orc shit was like wtf is this, go away. ****ing Peter Jackson.

You never see white orc shit anymore. When I was a lad, there was almost always white orc shit in the park.

When I invent a time machine, I'm going back to when I was younger, and I'm bringing back pictures of white orc shit as evidence.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Page 1 of 2